“Very enjoyable!!!!”

Ranked #35 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving up the best Italian, Seafood and Steaks in Venice, FL! With a relaxed dining atmosphere, Lucarelli's provides an eclectic experience with authentic Italian food made from recipes passed down from generation to generation. We also offer fresh local seafood and succulent steaks. We fill up quick! Be sure to call ahead or setup a reservation on our website! We're looking forward to seeing you!
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff all were very pleasant, the waiter(Matt) was attentive and efficient, the atmosphere is nice and the food was very good. The stuffed pepper soup, the eggplant napolitano and spaghetti puttanesca were delicious. All of this made for a very nice dining experience.

1  Thank vunursedi

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We recently tried DeFina's at the recommendation of some tourists that visited this restaurant twice recently. We are local people and have lived here 11 years, and it was our first trip to this pleasant establishment. We were waiting for tires to be put on my husband's truck, and we had to be back at the establishment to pick up his vehicle at a certain time, so we decided to try DeFina's as it was close by. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the size of this restaurant. It is well decorated, and very clean. Immaculate. We were greeted by the owners wife, and also a hostess. This was a Thursday evening, and they had many reservations but we explained our situation and the fact that we only had one hour to eat, and return to the dealership before they closed. They were very accommodating and squeezed us in, even though they had many reservations in place. They notified the wait staff that we were in a bit of a hurry, and they were quick to take our order. Perhaps because we were in such a hurry, no fault of this establishment, we were extremely impressed with the service, but the food was average. It was served very attractively, but the taste was not outstanding. My husband ordered the cod special, it was good, served with a salad, and vegetables, and pasta, the price was right, but it was not outstanding. I had the calamari appetizer, which was served with two sauces, one spicy, and the other a marinara sauce. Both the sauces were good. The calamari was not crispy. The atmosphere is very nice at this restaurant, and the service, the staff, outstanding. I am only giving 3 stars because of the average food. Would we try this restaurant again? Yes! We will go, and relax and spend a more leisurely time and perhaps enjoy the food more next time. We also had two glasses of the house wine, a Montepulciano, and a Chardonnay, both good. No happy hour here that we could observe. The restaurant reminded us of an old time favorite restaurant that we used to frequent in Leominster, Massachusetts years ago......had the old time feel, good ambience, and regular patrons, old time Italian environment. All very comforting! I am not sure if they have delivery, but I am sure you could get take out!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

The place is nicely decorated and because of big mirrors looks larger than it is. The staff is friendly and pleasant. Specials and catch of the day were in the $20+ range, but the regular menu is more reasonable.

I asked our waitress about the veal in the veal marsala..."is it very thin or that that over-tenderized veal" She though it was very thin so I took a chance and ordered it. I should have known better. The meat had been so tenderized that it was virtually hamburger, covered in a gluey batter and a thick congealing sauce. It tasted ok but the texture was off-putting.

We decided to give this place another chance based on the rave reviews and the experience of friends who love it. This time I ordered chicken piccata, which a friend of mine had said was wonderful. It wasn't. The flavorless chicken, if that is really what it was, had the texture of those frozen pre-formed frozen chicken patties. The breading was like paste and the sauce was full of puddles of grease. On a more positive note, my husband said his lasagna was "ok" and the two others we were with seemed to like their dishes (lasagne and eggplant parmesan).

Venice is not exactly a foodie paradise, but there are other Italian restaurants in the area with much better food.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our softball league held a private party at Definas this past week. 45 or 50 people attended and the service and food was just wonderful. What a pleasant place for a medium size event and to top it off, I could not stop eating the meatballs. Something to die for.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Friends had recommended this restaurant to us and we decided to give it a try. Even though we didn't have reservations (I would definitely recommend making them -- particularly on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday -- the place was packed), the owner asked if we could eat at the bar which we were more than willing to do. She personally waited on us and couldn't have been nicer. Coincidentally, our friends walked in and asked us to join them at their table. There are many "American" items on the menu (as well as Italian favorites). I ordered Veal Picata ($18). My wife and one of our friends ordered the Filet Mignon ($24). The other member of our party had Sea Bass ($24). The steaks were among the best we have ever had. OUTSTANDING. The same for the Sea Bass. The Veal Picata was excellent.
Atmosphere and ambiance is 5-star. The same for the food. The hospitality and service is 5 ½ stars!!! It couldn't have been nicer. Needless to say, we'll be back -- many, many times.