“A Big Improvement!”

A Bit Of Boston
Ranked #61 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether you are missing home or in need of a seafood fix. Drop by this causal location that boosts of New England seafood and memorabilia. It is like dropping yourself up north to savor the flavors of the New England region. A Bit of Boston has become a favorite for New England vacationers, snow birds, transplants and locals alike. Treats like lobster rolls, sea scallops, clam cakes made with ingredients shipped in from Rhode Island are just a few. Their is hot dogs served on fresh New England style rolls and whole belly clams from none other than Ipswich. Just in case you are not in the mood for seafood, you are covered with favorites like Philly cheese-steak, meatball, Sausage & Pepper Hoagie's. There is a reason some travel as far as Ft Myers just to have a bowl of New England Clam Chowder. Stop by this local gem, you might just become a regular.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I last reviewed this restaurant in January of 2011. It was struggling at that time and I advised customers to avoid the place if the owner was not there and doing the cooking. We have been back twice in recent weeks, in neither case was Gigi on the premises, and it was VERY GOOD. A major improvement!...We are both from New England, summer in Maine, and I used to be in the fish business so we know good seafood. Several times a winter we need a fried clam and scallop "fix" and this is the place to go. Gigi used to work at Legal seafood in Boston so she and the place are authentic.They get their clams from Ipswich Shellfish, the same as most New England restaurants. I had the fried clam and scallop combo and Angela the clam roll. Both delicious and cooked perfectly. The clams were of medium size - it is impossible to fry a large clam well - and done perfectly. Service (John) was excellent and friendly.Prices are reasonable. My only fault is that their wines are just plain awful but they will allow you to bring in your own bottle and do not charge a corkage fee as many other places do.. This place has turned around. Two Gardner stars!

2  Thank gardner34285

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The food was great, the people were great and the prices were great, what else is there... go and see for yourself!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just like home.. Excellent food! Shrimp Scampi was amazing. Will be back! will highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been visiting Venice, Florida for 12 years and I am so happy to find this great little gem of a restaurant. My 90 year old Father has something to complain about every restaurant-not this time! Wow his Shrimp Scampi was huge and Fantastic! My Cod was the freshest I have ever had-super Clam Chowder. Keep up the great food, we will be back and very soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Ate here on a Saturday night an was able to walk right in which after tasting the food is surprising. A small place with big taste. Had a party of four and we ordered the lobster Mac and cheese, cod sandwich, fried oysters dinner and the two soft shell crab sandwich platter. The Mac and cheese was excellent and even though it was $16 we took home more than half of it as a second meal. The oysters, cod and soft shell crab were also excellent. Don't miss te clam chowder as it is some of the best I have had in quite a while.
This place is small and not well marked from the road and I'm sure a lot of potential customers pass it with out knowing its there. Was turned onto this place by a friend who lives in Venice and had to call him to thank him for the heads up.