“great food, friendly & efficient service, on site owner”
Review of A Bit Of Boston

A Bit Of Boston
Ranked #64 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Whether you are missing home or in need of a seafood fix. Drop by this causal location that boosts of New England seafood and memorabilia. It is like dropping yourself up north to savor the flavors of the New England region. A Bit of Boston has become a favorite for New England vacationers, snow birds, transplants and locals alike. Treats like lobster rolls, sea scallops, clam cakes made with ingredients shipped in from Rhode Island are just a few. Their is hot dogs served on fresh New England style rolls and whole belly clams from none other than Ipswich. Just in case you are not in the mood for seafood, you are covered with favorites like Philly cheese-steak, meatball, Sausage & Pepper Hoagie's. There is a reason some travel as far as Ft Myers just to have a bowl of New England Clam Chowder. Stop by this local gem, you might just become a regular.
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is my go to place for fried clams because they're grit free (NEVER even 1 tiny crunch), fried perfectly, and delivered hot and fresh every time. The only thing better than the clams and onion strips combo is the clam and fried sweet potato platter. Sweets and clams are awesome together. My spouse loves the mini haddock & chowda. The chowda is just perfect, and I often get a quart of it to go for lunch the next day. I've been to the restaurant many times, including on and off season, early and late, when it's been full and not so busy. One thing doesn't change: The quality is always great. Gigi runs a tight ship, and if she's not checking in with customers in the dining room, she's making sure each dish that leaves the kitchen is just right. I'd write more, but I've got a sudden hankering for some chowda. Now, about that grapenuts pudding....

2  Thank JazzBknitter

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Lobster Mac n cheese, nice chunks of lobster, ok macaroni & cheese. Chicken cheese steak was pretty good. Friends had chowder and mini haddock sandwich, lobster roll & fried haddock dinner, all thought they were excellent. Fries & Calamari appetizer were good. With just water and no dessert, the tab was $74 for 4 people for dinner. Service was good, this very casual restaurant had an ordinary atmosphere. Friends have vacationed around here a few months a year for 9 years, never knew it existed. Only a friend of theirs who stumbled upon it, told them to try it. They need a bright sign, it is very easy to drive by without seeing it at night.

1  Thank darewreckjeter
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My wife and I live in Sarasota. We currently have family visiting and decided to go down to Venice for the day (about a 35 minute drive). My wife had looked online for a nice casual place to eat lunch and came up with "Bit of Boston", which we had never heard of before. When we arrived at 11:45am, we were a bit dubious because there were only 2 other cars in the parking lot. But we went in anyway, and we were glad that we did. (Within 20 minutes, the place was full!). The food was quite simply spectacular! My parents and I each at the Haddock sandwich, which can be cooked any way you want it, and comes with cole slaw and one side (my parents had baked potatoes and I had onion rings). My wife had a philly cheesesteak sandwich. The food was very fresh and very tasty. The batter on the fish (and in my case, on the onion rings) was very light and not greasy at all. The portions were very generous. My Haddock hung off the lightly toasted bun. I also couldn't resist having a cup of the new england clam chowder. It was creamy, hot and delicious. The service was excellent. This place is extremely casual and located in a very non-descript shopping strip. the prices were extremely reasonable. This was one Lucky Find!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

tried most items on menue, good food, good service, good atmosphere.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

A+

Quality products well prepared, fresh seafood, good variety including fried calms, haddock, onion rings and oysters. Everything prepared your way.

A real favorite.