“The best crepes”

Ranked #81 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful is all I can say. French onion soup to die for. Lunch is absolutely the best. A little pricey but worth it

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been going to Le Petit Jardin for many years and although I was sad to see them move from their very quaint location in downtown Venice, I am happy that they are doing so well at their new location. In the over 20 times I have been there, I have never had a bad meal. Everything is fresh and hot (if applicable) and delicious. Although the charm of the old location is gone (I loved dining in the loft on the second floor), the move hasn't affected the food or the service. Always excellent, I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

1  Thank Cyndi K
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We live part time in France and we weren't sure how good French food would be in Venice. The food was very good. Not large portions but what you get is great. That is how they eat in France.

1  Thank carollee
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This little cafè in Venice is in a relatively new location after being at its downtown location for many years. They specialize in lunch and close at 3pm.

They have wonderful salads and sandwiches and for the most part, it is delivered with the same quality that you would find in a little French bistro. Venice isn't exactly a gastronomic Mecca but this place gets the job done with quality, consistency and price point.

We've eaten here many times over the years at both locations and always eat outside even in summer. The inside reminds us of a "tea room" atmosphere with people over 70 flocking here for quality lunches during the season.

While I would rather eat in Sarasota where menus are a bit more imaginative, this place is a good one in Venice.

2  Thank JTFLORIDA
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It's not easy to find french food in France this good, and I've been there a lot. The chef has talent.

1  Thank Robert I