“A real jem, don't let the name make you think it's a sport bar.”

The Sand Trap Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #43 of 243 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Thai, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Florida
“A real jem, don't let the name make you think it's a sport bar.”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've been to this restaurant twice and for friends of ours who live in the area, it's a local of choice. They have a Thia and American Menu, both are excellent. The chef is very good and food is very good, it's also reasonably priced, considering the quality. It's run by a Thia husband and wife team and to be honest, in terms of quality and value for money it takes some beating in the Venice area. Check it out at 4145 Tamiami Trail near the Publix supermarket. 941 493 2300

Venice, Florida
“Terrible with a Capital "T"”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

My family was discriminated against when they showed up at the door. They were told they were not aloud to eat their because they had a child with them, and that children are not allowed because they are noisy and messy. To me this is displeasing to hear in the year 2011, this is not the 60's anymore. This type of discrimination shows the lack of people skills that the owner and her staff have. The staff should have not tolerated this rule and quit, because wrong is wrong no matter how you try to twist it. I will definetly post this on several blogs including all the local news channels. I have already let all of the colleges in the area know of this terrible rule that they are enforcing. I would expect more people who go there to take this into consideration. Please pass this on to everyone you know so they will be forced to close down from lack of business or change the rule to something less discrimative.

9 Thank Jadam27
Whitby,Canada
“Fresh Thai food”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

My wife and I and 2 friends visited at their recommendation. We all like Thai food and we were very pleasantly surprised. The raw veggy rolls were fresh crispy and delicious and all dishes were well presented with beautiful edible flowers. You can choose the heat factor on your main course which we like because we all have different heat tolerances. My wife said American heat = no heat so she will try Mexican Hot while I enjoyed the Thai Hot. The owner was very pleasant and service was excellent fro our young waitress.

Sarasota, Florida
“Families and children not welcome”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I took my friend and her child here for a casual birthday lunch with my 11 month old. Upon arrival the owner (an older asian woman) asked that we sit in the corner & try to keep our children under control. We did our best to just ignore her and carry on with our lunch. My infant only had the bottle I brought for her, and the two year old ate a small meal. My friend and I ordered regular asian lunches which were average, and the service was a bit slow considering we were 2 of 4 adults in the restaurant. The server made a few comments about not having anything children related in the restaurant. I paid the bill, wiped up under the entire table and also the table top after our plates were cleared. I also left a healthy tip for the waitress who did not thank us or say goodbye. As we were in the parking lot putting the children in the car, the owner followed us out. I asked if there was a problem. She said yes &began to loudly berate us for bringing ill-behaved, messy children in her "nice" establishment. She said that she hoped we took better care of our children, our homes and hoped that we learned to better control our kids. Then she asked that we kindly never return because children are not welcome in her place of business. I told her we would gladly not return and would share her sentiments with all our friends. PLEASE save your money and eat somewhere else than be treated with such disrespect. I can assure you that we left no more mess than the average diner there, and we were treated like trash. Will NEVER recommend or eat here again.

8 Thank SRQmom38
Venice, FL
“Excellent Food~Reasonable Pricing”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

The food was very fresh with great flavors. Pricing was very reasonable. Booths are comfortable, but it IS a sports bar, not an "upscale" restaurant. Service was acceptable. Definitely a great FOOD place!

Visited January 2011