“Thai disguised as a Bar and Grill”

The Sand Trap Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #44 of 241 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Bar, Asian, Thai, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Venice, Florida, United States
“Thai disguised as a Bar and Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had read that the food in this strip mall 'bar' was very good. We decided to try it and not knowing Thai cuisine, asked the waiter for his recommendations. He pointed to Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken. We got the Pad Thai with Pork, and ordered both 'Mexican hot' (level 2) . We tasted each other's picks and agreed, if this is Thai food, we like it! Now we can't wait to return and try the other offerings. My only complaint was being stuck in the back with the wait station, coolers and bathrooms. I guess it's a come early or take where you get kind of place.

• Visited June 2013

White River Junction VT
“Thai food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I tried the Sand Trap for the second time this weekend and had superb Thai food. I had the Thai noodle dish this time and the Thai fried rice the last, both outstanding. Most of the people there were there expressly to eat from the Thai menu even though they have American offerings. While listed as a "sports bar" the customers were there to eat.

Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,841 helpful votes
“THIS IS A SPORTS BAR WITH A THAI MENU - AND AMERICAN”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Unfortunately I am NOT a Thai food lover, so I ordered the lobster roll with fries. My companion had the Thai and said it was excellent. I was not so happy with my choice. Too much roll for too little lobster, fries must have been fried at least 3 times they were hard and tasteless. Service was excellent. Hostess was kind and friendly, and she happens to be the owner as well. All service personnel seemed to be very efficient, smiling and friendly throughout. Unfortunately, I was not that happy with the meal.

1 Thank mamamia70
Venice, Florida
“Two worlds meet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I was house shopping in Venice and my realtor took me here for a lunch break. I had never had Thai food and I wanted to try it. This place has burgers, fries, bar food and an amazing Thai menu. Walking in, the place just smelled yummy, so I could not wait to eat. They had levels of heat to the food, so I went with "Mexican hot" which was plenty hot for me. I was not disappointed. I loved the food! This place is great because if your other party members are not into Thai, they can order traditional bar food. I bought a house and now I will become a regular at this restaurant!

Denver, Colorado, USA
“Super Thai food in Friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had Thai takeout from this restaurant and it was probably the best food we had in Florida. It actually had some flavor!! We had to travel to the restaurant to place our order as they were too busy to take phone orders (good sign). We had fun sitting at the bar while we waited the 20 to 30 mon for our order. A pleasant setting and very nice bar with the opportunity to eat at the bar as an option.

• Visited April 2013