“Great Thai and American Food”

The Sand Trap Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #38 of 242 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Thai, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Venice, Florida
“Great Thai and American Food”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This restaurant/sports bar is a great place to eat & enjoy yourself. It is operated by a husband/wife team (he's Irish, she's Thai). My wife & I enjoy the Thai food but everyone says the American style food is excellent also. We would highly recommend it.

Mashpee, Massachusetts
“Thai One On”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

My husband has wanted to eat here for a year but I was reluctant due to the Sports Bar name and their location in the Publix shopping center. I was wrong. The food was delicious and very fresh. They offer an American and a Thai menu, both are loaded with interesting and healthy choices. The staff is friendly, fast and efficient. The interior is warm. I am looking forward to our next meal there and won't be waiting another year. Great value for the money.

“Good Thai food!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good Thai food but also a choice of other fares for people who prefers "American" food.

Visited November 2011
Venice, Florida
“This was actually about the 20th visit”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Finally finally finally a restaurant in town that is Amazing.. One great feature, both Thai and American food. Works great with the little one.. Actually one of the best grilled cheese sandwichs in town (french fries are great too)
But on to the Thai.. TO DIE FOR.. Made fresh to order.. we have never been disapointed in anything ordered off the menu. Green curry and lamb curry are my favs.
This restaurant is impeciably clean. The staff are friendly and fun. The owner Sue greets us with a hugs.
Only complaint... once the snowbirds arrive, can't get into the place until May.
We will definatly be going back..

2 Thank Suzi S
Venice
“A big surprise”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was surprised when I went into this restaurant as I thought it was mainly a bar in a shopping strip mall. A friend told me they had excellent Thai food, so we went one night. The chicken platter I had was not over seasoned, as I asked, and piled high with fried rice, miso soup and small salad. My husband ate the shrimp and scallops which were done perfectly, not overcooked as some places are. Served with a cup of green tea it was a most enjoyable meal, and reasonable too. We will be returning soon!

• Visited September 2011