“So good, we had to go back and try more flavors!”
Review of Ciao Gelato

Ciao Gelato
Ranked #2 of 15 Dessert in Venice
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Serving Artisan Gelato/Sorbets, Coffee & Teas, Espresso, Latte & Cappuccino and Pastries.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I am a sucker for gelato, so when I saw this shop in downtown Venice, I knew we had to stop. Our first trip was on our way to the beach for sunset. Even though the shop was busy, the staff was friendly and patient while we sampled and made our selections. Both times we visited, they had 3 sorbet flavors in addition to a large selection of gelatos. This allowed our food allergy son to enjoy the treats too. My favorite was the Al Gusto Di Cioccolato and Chicago Caramel. Orange Creamsicle was good too if you wNt something fruity. My husband got expressing milk shakes both times, so they must have been good. If you're ever in Venice, stop here!

Daria N, Owner at Ciao Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your business and more importantly your return visit. We look forward to serving you again soon! Ciao!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a great stop on your walking tour of the Village of Venice. The selection is remarkable, and the prices are very reasonable. If you take the free shuttle in town, the driver will give you a buy one get one half off coupon to Ciao Gelato. It's worth the stop!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is our family's favorite place to get a frozen treat in Venice. The owners and staff are wonderful -- especially to kids. They hand make their gelato on site so it is fresh, cream, and yummy. The servings are quite generous -- enough to share if you only want a bite. Whether it be a special treat for doing good at school, soccer, cub scouts, or just because -- this is our favorite place to come for an after dinner treat. Yes this isn't the cheapest ice cream in town, but that's why its a treat. Also don't forget their frequent diner card.

Enjoy!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Best gelato ever! Went back every night of our vacation. The staff was super friendly and it was impossible to choose a flavor because they were all excellent!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Excellent gelato, only complaint (and it's a minor one) is that the "small" cup is still too large. I shared a tropical fruit flavor with my son and it was plenty for the two of us. My husband had the flavor of the day, butter pecan, and was very pleased as well. They are generous with free tastings (I tried the key lime but found it a bit too tart for my taste) and have a repeat customer card (buy seven, get one free). The place is immaculate with some indoor seating, very welcome on a hot day.