“Old-fashioned soda fountain/Italian restaurant on west end of Venice Ave.”

Soda Fountain of Venice
Ranked #5 of 13 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Like stepping back in time. An authentic old fashioned soda fountain serving a wide variety of sundaes, ice cream sodas and malts. Also serving New York style thin crust hand-tossed pizza as well as delicious sandwiches and salads. There's something for everyone at The Soda Fountain.
Reviewed September 25, 2011

A nice spot for lunch or a pizza, or to grab an ice cream dessert. Very consistent food, nothing fantastic, but very good Italian American fare. Great sundaes & countless delicious fountain drinks. Very good service - never a complaint.

1  Thank Duke0409

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Good place for lunch or a snack, a little expensive. The place was clean and right on the main drag, many other shops on the block. Service was good.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife an I stopped by here on our way home from the beach this weekend and I guess it will be our last time.

Let me first say we have been here a couple of times when they first opened and we loved it, nice looking shop with good food and great atmosphere. The sandwiches were simple, tasty and good prices.

When we went this weekend it had changed.

The shop is still nicely decorated like a 50's soda shop, the staff is friendly, but the prices have changed.

I got a Chicken Salad sandwich with chips for $11.00!

I could not believe how much they charged. I made the mistake of not looking at the menu because I was craving some chicken salad and had it before here and it was good, but not $11.00 good.

For $6 bucks you can run down to Publix and get a chicken salad sub. You would also get more, and get a huge bag of Lays if you want for less.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

pizza old time feeling,loved it. We didn't have a long wait and every one was very nice. Would have gone back again if I had more time.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Amazing pizza! Crisp crust, lightly dusted with garlic. Fast, friendly service. Soda and sundaes....an added bonus.