“Great local's choice for seafood”
Review of Robbi's Reef - CLOSED

Robbi's Reef
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Robbi's Reef is a floridian-style restaurant that focuses on fresh, quality seafood and smoked in-house barbecue - a winning combination for the whole family to enjoy! Robbi's Reef is located in a beautiful, 175 seat restaurant overlooking a small body of water & beautiful fountain with large windows to maximize the view. With plenty of private parking, a full indoor & outdoor bar, a fresh seafood market, lots of large fish tanks to entertain, and plenty of photos of locals with their "big catch" to peruse, kids and adults will enjoy the casual, relaxed atmosphere and the wonderful food!
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Yes, this place is located in an ordinary strip mall. You could easily drive by and miss it. Yes, this place is nothing fancy inside, although with seafood and fishing decor everywhere. Very casual -- don't dress up. The menu is quite limited. If you like seafood, order the fish tacos. They were outstanding! Definitely the best we've had anywhere. Their Key Lime pie is close to perfection -- the right combination of intense lime taste and tartness without any artificial flavor. Don't miss this! We actually came back a second time just to get more of the pie. Service was fast and efficient, even when the place was busy.

3  Thank sttdiver

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We had Bayou Willy's pasta. It was spicey and creamy with shrimp and sausage. Sooo good! Loved it. Service was excellant. We will be back.

2  Thank zzzzip
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My friends and I recently visited Robbi's Reef and were absolutely delighted with the food, service and generous portion size. We tried appetizers, sanwiches and I had the best grilled shrimp on the west coast of Florida. It actually tasted like shrimp. All too often, around here, the shrimp really has no flavor, just a texture that you recognize as shrimp. The cocktail sauce did not come from a bottle, as it was delicious but stil allowed you to taste the shrimp. My friends were equally impressed with their dinners and the friendliness of Robbi and her staff.

Their menu is limited, by the standards of chain restaurants, but what they do, they do very well. We dined there on a Tuesday evening and the place was hopping. Since the tourists have already gone home, the locals must be well aware of Robbi's. When we finished, people were still arriving.

Great experience!!

3  Thank Terry K
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Looking to get seafood stopped in on a weekend evening. Easy to seat, clean bar type decor. Mostly fried foods. Unfortunately fro me they do not serve cole slaw on the premises.

Bummed I ordered a chicken sandwich. Chix cooked very nice. Not dry like 90% of places with a nice presentation (yes). Fries were excellent. Made w/ Clean Oil.

I'll be back. Will update again.

2  Thank John L
Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was quite a find! People could just drive by this "little treasure" because it is located in a strip mall along 41 bypass in Venice. On our way to the Venice Theater, we decided to try it, and am I glad we did. The fish and chips meal that I ordered was not greasy, but cooked perfectly so that you could taste the "freshness" of the fish...perfect!!
I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant, not just for its food, but the service, the hostess, and the wait staff made me feel like I was the only person in their restaurant. They were so friendly and they all were having a great time with the customers. It was a great "upbeat" place to enjoy such a great meal.

4  Thank Jeanne1946