Robbi's Reef
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Robbi's Reef is a floridian-style restaurant that focuses on fresh, quality seafood and smoked in-house barbecue - a winning combination for the whole family to enjoy! Robbi's Reef is located in a beautiful, 175 seat restaurant overlooking a small body of water & beautiful fountain with large windows to maximize the view. With plenty of private parking, a full indoor & outdoor bar, a fresh seafood market, lots of large fish tanks to entertain, and plenty of photos of locals with their "big catch" to peruse, kids and adults will enjoy the casual, relaxed atmosphere and the wonderful food!
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It is nicely informal, our favourite style. The greeting was friendly and the service good. We ate fish, shrimp and flounder plus a bottle of quite good wine. We came away looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Rowland W

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I’m always looking for “nice little places with good food”, THIS IS ONE OF THEM. Located in a SMALL shopping center (on Tamiami Trail, 41), in one of those places you don’t expect to find a good restaurant. A regular customer of this restaurant recommended to me yesterday. He said he goes very often; so I went there for lunch, no regrets. At least what I tried was really good (Fish sandwich and cilantro potatoes salad). Everything tasted FRESH, a plus for me. I was NOT too crazy with the dessert (chocolate cake); but I made the mistake of NOT ordering the “house specialty”. Next Time! Nice beach inspired decorations inside. Prices were about average for today’s standards. Portions were fairly large. Service was good. Place was full by the way. Yes, I will go again!

1  Thank 419milan
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I went here while on vacation in Florida, based on the reviews on Tripadvisor & other sites. The prevailing opinion was that what was lacking in atmosphere was made up for by the quality of food. I have to agree. We went early on Good Friday evening, catching the blue-hair & family crowd. We got the last parking space and were told there was a 20-30 minute wait for a table. They have a nice, small bar, so opted to wait there & have a drink. Alcohol-wise, there had 4 beers on tap (3 basic domestics & Stella) and wine (house or single label). We hadn't made much of a dent in our drinks before the very nice hostess came to take us to our table. The restaurant is basically one L-shaped room, with booths & tables. The walls are paneled, covered with pictures of fisherman & their catch (and a ginormous hermit crab in a tank). Our very nice waiter (notice the trend here?) explained that most of the pictured fish wound up on the menu. There was a special board with Amberjack, scallops, red snapper and one other fish I can't remember. They had a decent menu with a number of salads, sandwiches and fish offered grilled blackened or fired. Enough choices for non-fish eaters, as well. My wife enjoyed her snapper and I had two big pieces of blackened catfish, which could have been a little spicier for my taste, but I like things spicier than most people. Black beans & rice side was great and the fries were good enough for me, a french fry purist, We split a piece of the house-made Key Lime pie, which was also very nice - a balance of sweet & tart (I actually like it to make my mouth pucker), plus a bonus piece that our waiter mangled when trying to get it out of the pie plate. Total damage was about 60 bucks. Overall, a very nice casual & friendly place to get some good seafood. Will be back

2  Thank BeachShackTrio
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten here several times and it's fairly consistent. The gulf fried shrimp was very good but a little skimpy on the sides. I had the beans and rice with fries. Both very good. The only bummer is that their menu is somewhat limited and they do not serve hush puppies. Other than that, a great place to eat.

1  Thank Sailor-man74
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had a great dinner at Robbie's Reef.
The grilled Amberjack and grilled Snapper were delicious with a wonderful choice of sides.
Just looking at the outside of the restaurant (nestled in a small shopping area, on Rt. 41) one would never expect such a warm and inviting marine atmosphere.
The waitress and staff were friendly and the service was outstanding.
Robbie's Reef is well worth the visit. You won't be disappointed!

4  Thank ladhume