“Fantastic food and service!”
Review of Robbi's Reef

Robbi's Reef
Ranked #17 of 247 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Description: Robbi's Reef is a floridian-style restaurant that focuses on fresh, quality seafood and smoked in-house barbecue - a winning combination for the whole family to enjoy! Robbi's Reef is located in a beautiful, 175 seat restaurant overlooking a small body of water & beautiful fountain with large windows to maximize the view. With plenty of private parking, a full indoor & outdoor bar, a fresh seafood market, lots of large fish tanks to entertain, and plenty of photos of locals with their "big catch" to peruse, kids and adults will enjoy the casual, relaxed atmosphere and the wonderful food!
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I work in a local beachside hotel and constantly hear my guests talking enthusiastically about Robbi's Reef. I took their advice and am I glad! What a fantastic dinner I had. The calamari was fresh and cooked beautifully! Very tender and yummy.The fish tacos were loaded with fresh Mahi and cooked to perfection. My friend had the scallops.Excellent Key Lime pie to top it all off. We both agreed this was one of the best meals we've had and the service was friendly and flawless. Several times we were asked by various employees if everything was good and I appreciated the fact that so many members of staff take an active role in attending to the customers.I will definitely return.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We ate at Robbis two years ago and it was one of our favorites. Last year, Robbis was closed during our visit so we were very excited to see it open this year on our vacation.

Consistent would be the best word to describe this place - the food and service is consistently good based on our limited number of visits.

I had the blackened Cobia, my wife had grilled shrimp and the kids had chicken tenders. Each adult entrée came with two sides. The food was delicious and the only complaint we had was that the shrimp could have a used more seasoning. They did an incredible job with the Cobia and the side of black beans & rice. We also had the key lime pie. It was one of the best I’ve had - very tart & creamy with a nice graham cracker crust.

Finally, our server was very attentive and friendly. We look forward to eating here again next year.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have been by this place a thousand times. We have never stopped because of the looks from the outside. Today, we threw caution to the wind and ventured inside. When I pulled open the door, I am pretty sure I gasped, because it looked NOTHING like I had imagined. It was filled to the rim with nautical themed pictures and decorations. The atmosphere was a pleasant surprise. It was lunch time and the place was packed. I ordered one of the specials: 2 steak tacos with rice and beans. It was better than the restaurant serving tacos across the street. Absolutely delicious! My husband ordered the fish and chips. He rarely, if ever, is pleased when he orders fish and chips and usually leaves most of the food on his plate. Today, he cleared his plate. The order of fish and chips was large and delicious. We will return! What a wonderful find.

2  Thank Venice245
Reviewed September 11, 2013

went on the advise of a friend. it does not look like much on the outside but it was very good. The grilled grouper was outstanding. service was so friendly. It is the best seafood i have eaten in Venice. Yes i would recommend it highly. at our table we had fish tacos, grilled grouper, grilled scallops, fish and chips. and a steak sandwich (non seafood lover). everyone said "delicious"

1  Thank sharina2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The restaurant is nothing to look at on the outside, but is definitely worth exploring further. All the food was delivered to our group in a timely manner and was cooked to perfection. I had the shrimp platter. The shrimp was lightly battered and delicious! And the Key Lime pie was to die for! This is a family owned and operated business. They have huge "stuffed" fish displayed on the walls that they've caught and they invite customers to bring in pictures of their big catches.

2  Thank Brenda C