“Good friends getting together”

Angelo's Italian Market
Ranked #22 of 255 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Very warm and friendly service. Manlio was our waiter and he couldn't be nicer. As we decided to have dinner rather than a late lunch he brought a tablecloth to make it a bit more special along with a glass of champagne on the house. Food was exceptional. We would definitely go again.

2  Thank Virginia G

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

1700 miles from home I had one day to put together a birthday party for my lovely wife Debbie. Mario helped set up a great party for 27. He worked with my a great four course meal with lots of options. Everyone had a great time. We were so impressed we ordered catering for a party at our beach house a few days later

2  Thank Steven T
Reviewed July 3, 2018

We had our first in-dining experience at Angelo's and were really happy with the experience. Having bought Italian groceries here and experienced take-out, my husband and I wanted to give their dining room a try, and we now have a new local favorite close to home.

The dining room is casual and it almost feels like you're eating in a friend's kitchen. We really liked it (the music selection was a little odd and could have done without a TV but that's us).

We were greeted by Manlio who seated us and took care of us the rest of the night. We were provided complimentary glasses of Prosecco right away along with a bruschetta. Such a rarity these days to get anything complimentary so that was an unexpected treat. My husband and I were arrived with a specific craving for our meals so we didn't order any of the dinner specials, although they sounded really great. We did start with the zucchini flowers stuffed with ricotta and were happy with them.

Our entrees were chicken parm and chicken piccata… nothing too adventurous, but as I mentioned, we were craving them which is why we went to Angelo's to begin with. Both entrees were cooked perfectly. The chicken parm was crisp and cheesy, and the piccata was tender and the sauce light and tangy. For dessert we were treated to yet another freebie - a light and fluffy profiterole.

Angelo's is a local favorite for a reason - I'm glad we finally discovered it!!

1  Thank Stephany V
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Craving Italian food i stopped by this small market!! I saw the "tripadvisor" award on the door and knew this was going to be good!! When i walked in the door first thing i noticed was employees smiling and speaking italian!! Being a huge fan of anything Italy this was great!! I saw patrons sitting in a small dining area at tables that held 2-3 (there is outside seating on the side of the building) where they can order meals. The market "part" itself has tall shelves stocked with imported products from bread to pasta, to jams and sauces!! As you walk back into the market you smell the goodness!! Fresh pasta dishes and desserts fill the air with yummy goodness!!

I ordered a single serving of cheese ravioli and a cannoli!! From the older gentleman (with his smile and sparkling eyes) in back to the ladies up front the service was pleasant and welcoming. Their smiles made my day!!! The taste of the food was pure Italiano!!! I have returned to experience other dishes several times during my stay here in Venice and my dreams of an Italian getaway have been "temporarily" satisfied!!!

2  Thank cware0571
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We decided to have a Stromboli for lunch. I picked it up and ate it at home. It was sausage, peppers and marinara sauce, it was excellent. There was enough for us to have it for lunch two Days in a row.
This is a market selling great Italian food and a restaurant. Always wonderful great food eaten in the restaurant part or taken home.

2  Thank kathiev_13