“Not worth the drive from Sarasota” 3 of 5 bubbles

Angelo's Italian Market
Ranked #38 of 240 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sarasota, Florida
“Not worth the drive from Sarasota”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Party of 5 on a Saturday night. It's tables in a market, so not much in the way of ambiance. Wine was mediocre but reasonably priced. I had the Veal Piccata which was flavored nicely but the veal was tough. My husband had The Three Tenors which was chicken, veal and shrimp in a brandy marsala sauce. He didn't care for the flavor at all. Others in our party had the Clams in white sauce, Gnocchi and Cannelloni which they said were fair to good. The eggplant rollatini appetizer was very good though. Overall I was not impressed with the service or the quality of the food. There are better Italian restaurants in town.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank scsunlimited

Middletown, Connecticut
“Best restaurant in Venice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I ate at Angelo's on a recent trip to Florida and the food was wonderful! I have visited Italy twice, and this food was exactly like I remember it. The portions were large, but the prices were very reasonable. The staff was welcoming and friendly. I was amazed by the variety of Italian foods available. The next time I am in the Venice area, I will be visiting Angelo's again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tony114
“tastes like home.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were so thrilled to find this gem thru Trip Advisor. We spent a few weeks a year donn in Venice but we are from and live in the Boston area. What a treat it was to walk in and smell the familiar smell of good provolone and "gravy' cooking as we call it in our family. A beautiful array of authentic italian dried pastas, canned tomatoes, olive oils and everything else you need to create a feast at home. Then there's a display of some of the best bread we've ever had..mmmmmm. Also beautiful prepared dishes....eggplant parm., lasagna, tortellini and peas...and the around the corner all the delicious cheeses, meats, olives...wow!!! One way my husband always 'tests' an Italian restaurant is by trying the meatballs...so he ordered a meatball parm sub and I ordered a sausage parm sub......honestly...it was divine!!! My husband said...my Italian husband...".best meatballs ever, as good as yours"..of course i tried a bite and he is right...the sauce was delish, the cheese goey, the "sangwich" was toasted and the bread....c'mon.......the best meal we ever had in Venice---hands down. Can not wait to go and try the pasta meals..and the desserts....cannoli, tiramisu... Italian cookies...ect.....xoxoxo Do not miss out on this authentic Italian experience.....love this place!!!! Spoke to the owners so friendly AND from Sicily...nothing else to say!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Nan C
Farmington, Connecticut
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Food is ok but not worth the cost. There is a wide variety of prepared foods as well as hard to find Italian style foods but you pay for the privilege

Visited November 2011
Venice, Florida
“Re/Re/Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Seriously, every time I go I see saw back and forth. Food was excellent. Server, not even close.
Please check your attitude when you come to work. We had a party of six (auto tip, not a problem)but when asked for change became a bit condescending as if,how dare you not tip
over the 18% we already charged. But my main complaint is when you serve the food and
NEVER come check on it. Again, ask how it is when you/kitchen have a chance to correct it.
She never asked how we were doing. We had one late comer and all of us had devoured the
bread before hand. When she asked for more bread it seemed like we had asked for the moon.
Probably be a while before we try it again.
One other complaint, the salad was just drowned in dressing. Very sparse veggies/lettuce.

• Visited July 2012