“Great good, lovely ambience”
Review of Back Eddy Bistro - CLOSED

Back Eddy Bistro
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Have eaten here twice recently. The surroundings in the main restaurant are ok but the bar is lovely and the food superb. Our last meal yesterday was at the bar. Russ was our bartender. He was lovely. Very attentive but also chatty and helpful. Gave us great tips on things to do in the area. The menu is lovely a I had a fantastic steak. Beautifully cooked with crispy delicate onion rings on the side. Nice wine menu. Very reasonably priced. Would definitely go back and highly recommend.

1  Thank Jane G

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My recent experience at Back Eddy's was excellent. A few friends and I sat at the bar and ordered appetizers and drinks. The friendly bartender, Russ, greeted us promptly and we had drinks in no time. All the apps we ordered were delicious, reasonably priced and served in large portions! Let me recommend the cheesy shrimp grits and eggplant appetizers. The atmosphere held a comfortable 'vibe' with the music fun to listen to though set low enough so you could easily chat with your neighboring patrons. The couple next to me owned a restaurant in the next town and only had positive feedback about their experience at the bistro. I studied the menu before leaving and I cannot wait to return for lunch to try their Thai styled turkey burger or Asian chicken salad or dinner to try their great selection of entrees.

1  Thank Kangaruh
Reviewed April 11, 2014

How have I lived here so long and never discovered this hidden gem? Tucked away just a few feet off the beaten path with fantastic food, great service and a homemade ice cream to die for. Our lunch server was great ( his name was Russ) and the owner stopped by to make sure that all was well. Checked out the dinner menu that looks great and getting some friends together to go there tomorrow night to try some more!

1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A friend of mine who is local to the area recommended this restaurant to my husband and I while we were down visiting. We decided to take their recommendation and went in during the week for dinner. I could not have asked for a better choice! We were immediately greeted at the door with several enthusiastic smiles and I fell in love with the unique charm of the place. The food was absolutely fantastic. There were so many choices on the menu, I would have liked to try them all. I went with the rack of lamb which literally melted in my mouth and was done to perfection. My husband had the cod and did not leave a bite on the plate! Now I will return the favor and recommend this restaurant to my friends. We will definitely be back on our next visit!!

1  Thank Rosemary H
Reviewed April 9, 2014

we have been to back eddys a good few times over the past years and never never had a meal that was anything but great, always cooked to order and has a varied menu with specials, something venice eating places need, all in all great

1  Thank kevin320