“A Hidden Gem”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Venice, Florida
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

How have I lived here so long and never discovered this hidden gem? Tucked away just a few feet off the beaten path with fantastic food, great service and a homemade ice cream to die for. Our lunch server was great ( his name was Russ) and the owner stopped by to make sure that all was well. Checked out the dinner menu that looks great and getting some friends together to go there tomorrow night to try some more!

1 Thank Gary O

White Plains, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

A friend of mine who is local to the area recommended this restaurant to my husband and I while we were down visiting. We decided to take their recommendation and went in during the week for dinner. I could not have asked for a better choice! We were immediately greeted at the door with several enthusiastic smiles and I fell in love with the unique charm of the place. The food was absolutely fantastic. There were so many choices on the menu, I would have liked to try them all. I went with the rack of lamb which literally melted in my mouth and was done to perfection. My husband had the cod and did not leave a bite on the plate! Now I will return the favor and recommend this restaurant to my friends. We will definitely be back on our next visit!!

1 Thank Rosemary H
scotland
“fantastic meal in venice”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

we have been to back eddys a good few times over the past years and never never had a meal that was anything but great, always cooked to order and has a varied menu with specials, something venice eating places need, all in all great

1 Thank kevin320
Venice, Florida
“One of Venice's Charms”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Going out to restaurants here when the snowbirds are flying north is something we look forward to. Our bartender/server was Ashley and she was excellent. We shared a bruschetta appetizer which we have had before and is quite unlike what you would expect. It's light and perfect for sharing. For our main courses, my wife had the marsala chicken and I had the duck breast special, encrusted in a pistachio sauce. Both meals were delicious and the portions satisfying. If you grew up in the 60's you'll also enjoy the music memorabilia throughout the restaurant. A nice place for a leisurely gourmet dinner for those of us lucky enough to live here and visitors too.

1 Thank Severalolives
Medina, Ohio
“Great find”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great small restaurant one street over from downtown venice. Food was excellent. Great selection of seafood and other dishes. Two had the flounder, one salmon and one chicken Marsala. With the fish came rice, spinach and red cabbage. All was very good. We will be back.

• Visited March 2014