“Great Again!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Cohoes, New York
“Great Again!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We hadn't been to Back Eddy's for dinner in a year or so and went to celebrate a friends birthday. Everything was as delicious and well prepared as we remembered. We were all across the menu (fish, steak, pork) yet all our dinners arrived at the same time, hot and attractively presented. Wait staff was friendly and personable, and our friends found a new favorite red wine from the thoughtful and economical wine list. Ally's fresh made desserts are a must try, so we shared some homemade ice cream and a cheese cake. Delicious. A great family run restaurant with unique offerings at a fair price point, highly recommended for any occasion.

2 Thank Bowser303

Venice, Florida
“Consistently Excellant”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is my favorite restaurant in Venice, FL! Great specials an awesome turkey burger and a super wine selection. Special nights with wine parings that are to die for. Get on their email list!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Skip T
“Best secret in Town”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Venice for years. And very often (27 weekends a year). Anyway we learned about Backwater from a Realestate agent 40 minutes away.

Great food, fantastic a atmosphere and wonderful service. Do NOT miss an opportunity to eat here and if in season make a reservation or you can sit at the bar as a first come first serve.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank Jason C
Verona, Wisconsin
“Had to visit twice.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just returned from Venice, Florida today and had to write a review of this restaurant. I was fortunate enough to go there on Sunday morning for brunch, where I was served a "free" Mimosa because it was before noon made with good champagne with a perfect ratio of both. Then we were served "baked from scratch" scones to go with our coffee. All of the baked goods here are made from scratch. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and it was one of the best I have ever had. The hollandaise sauce was perfect as were the eggs. My friends both raved over their vegetarian eggs benedict. This came accompanied by home fries, but they were more like a boiled potato slightly roasted? maybe. Not the standout of the meal.The meals also were served with a fresh fruit cup. Did I mention that they serve great coffee that holds its cream perfectly. Yes, I like my coffee to be more than colored water. Staff was efficient and very friendly. Food was served in a timely manner and we ate outside under the Tiki Huts on a beautiful sunny day.

I had the pleasure of having dinner here later in the week and it was equally delicious. There were 3 of us and we chose to eat at the bar which is comfortable and friendly. Good selection of beer and wines and attentive wait staff. We shared crab cakes for an appetizer and I only wish i didn't have to share. They were full of crab like crab cakes should be and seasoned well. i ordered the Snapper and it melted in my mouth. It was fresh and perfectly prepared. It was served with jasmine rice, spinach and sautéed red cabbage. All worked to together fabulously, but the fish was definitely the highlight. Friends had lemon crusted cod which also was good and one had the duck which was beautifully presented and succulent, and also perfectly cooked and the staff made sure to meet her dietary restrictions.

Another added bonus is that one of the owners is a Deadhead and you find great music and lots of collector posters from shows back in the day in the bar and part of the dining area. The dinning room was decorated with local artwork. Very friendly staff, excellent quality food, reasonable prices and worth a second visit in one week.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lori N
Venice, Florida
“A True Bistro”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love this place. The owners are very friendly. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. I might add that it is a romantic hideaway plus it has a cozy bar. My wife and I will keep coming back.

• Visited January 2014