“Had to visit twice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Back Eddy Bistro - CLOSED

Back Eddy Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Verona, Wisconsin
“Had to visit twice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I just returned from Venice, Florida today and had to write a review of this restaurant. I was fortunate enough to go there on Sunday morning for brunch, where I was served a "free" Mimosa because it was before noon made with good champagne with a perfect ratio of both. Then we were served "baked from scratch" scones to go with our coffee. All of the baked goods here are made from scratch. I ordered the Eggs Benedict and it was one of the best I have ever had. The hollandaise sauce was perfect as were the eggs. My friends both raved over their vegetarian eggs benedict. This came accompanied by home fries, but they were more like a boiled potato slightly roasted? maybe. Not the standout of the meal.The meals also were served with a fresh fruit cup. Did I mention that they serve great coffee that holds its cream perfectly. Yes, I like my coffee to be more than colored water. Staff was efficient and very friendly. Food was served in a timely manner and we ate outside under the Tiki Huts on a beautiful sunny day.

I had the pleasure of having dinner here later in the week and it was equally delicious. There were 3 of us and we chose to eat at the bar which is comfortable and friendly. Good selection of beer and wines and attentive wait staff. We shared crab cakes for an appetizer and I only wish i didn't have to share. They were full of crab like crab cakes should be and seasoned well. i ordered the Snapper and it melted in my mouth. It was fresh and perfectly prepared. It was served with jasmine rice, spinach and sautéed red cabbage. All worked to together fabulously, but the fish was definitely the highlight. Friends had lemon crusted cod which also was good and one had the duck which was beautifully presented and succulent, and also perfectly cooked and the staff made sure to meet her dietary restrictions.

Another added bonus is that one of the owners is a Deadhead and you find great music and lots of collector posters from shows back in the day in the bar and part of the dining area. The dinning room was decorated with local artwork. Very friendly staff, excellent quality food, reasonable prices and worth a second visit in one week.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Lori N

Venice, Florida
“A True Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love this place. The owners are very friendly. The food is outstanding and the service is excellent. I might add that it is a romantic hideaway plus it has a cozy bar. My wife and I will keep coming back.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank TORY C
Playa del Rey, CA
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

What a wonderful place. Friendly, welcoming and delicious food. An owner/chef who has the perfect mix of panache and home cooking. A local treasure.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank jimproser
Varennes, Bourgogne, France
“great sandwiches for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

we are staying 4 weeks in Venice and trying out various restaurants in the area.
Extremely positively surprised by the quality of the sandwiches…we had a rueben and an asian eggplant sandwich….excellent sauces, nice sweet potato fries going with it.
Extremely friendly service. Soon sunday brunches will be served and also for Thanksgiving it will have a special menu.

we will soon try out the dinner menu.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Johan S
Venice, Florida
“Disappointingto say the least....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for quite some time. I made reservations although not needed(on a weekend?), as there were only 3 other tables taken. We went for my birthday & was hoping for a great meal. We started with the goat cheese filled figs which I liked, but my husband did not. I ordered the beet salad and was very disappointed as I could have opened a can of chopped beats & dumped them on some lettuce. Now for my husband's meal. He ordered the lamb rare, but it looked raw. The flavor was horrible. I believe they dumped balsamic vinegar
on it. The potatoes were good. We will not return as the price was very high and the value very poor. Don't waste your money on this overpriced restaurant.

• Visited September 2013