“Thanksgiving Dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Playa del Rey, CA
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

What a wonderful place. Friendly, welcoming and delicious food. An owner/chef who has the perfect mix of panache and home cooking. A local treasure.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank jimproser

Varennes, Bourgogne, France
“great sandwiches for lunch”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

we are staying 4 weeks in Venice and trying out various restaurants in the area.
Extremely positively surprised by the quality of the sandwiches…we had a rueben and an asian eggplant sandwich….excellent sauces, nice sweet potato fries going with it.
Extremely friendly service. Soon sunday brunches will be served and also for Thanksgiving it will have a special menu.

we will soon try out the dinner menu.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Johan S
Venice, Florida
“Disappointingto say the least....”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for quite some time. I made reservations although not needed(on a weekend?), as there were only 3 other tables taken. We went for my birthday & was hoping for a great meal. We started with the goat cheese filled figs which I liked, but my husband did not. I ordered the beet salad and was very disappointed as I could have opened a can of chopped beats & dumped them on some lettuce. Now for my husband's meal. He ordered the lamb rare, but it looked raw. The flavor was horrible. I believe they dumped balsamic vinegar
on it. The potatoes were good. We will not return as the price was very high and the value very poor. Don't waste your money on this overpriced restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Venice, Florida
“Don't worry, this won't hurt a bit...”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We just love to try new places, so on our way to Little Venice Theater last night, we decided to dine at Back Eddy Bistro. We had reservations for 6:30, but needn't have because we had our pick of tables. We were greeted pleasantly immediately by both the waitress and the bartender and shown to our table for two. Although I was given a menu, when I found out the specialty for the evening was Swordfish, I had to opt for that! Hubby was craving for some beef (my dieting/eating healthy kick as of late had my hubby wanting something that mooed!), so he had the NY Strip steak. We both ordered wine, which was yummy, and our dinners were delicious, too! The service was excellent and timely, the chairs were comfy and gorgeous, the silverware solid and weighty, and the decor quite lovely with low lighting - so romantic! Now I know what you're asking... why only 3 stars?

It may be a little thing to you (and it was to my hubby), but our lovely table linen was entirely covered with white paper - much like the paper when visiting a doctor's office - and it sounded and felt crinkly. I kept looking for the stirrups and the gynecologist ; ) Plus there were crayons on the table! That all felt kind of cheesy to me...and when spending $28 for an entree, I only expect cheese on my dinner ; ) Sorry, Back Eddy, next time I dress up and go out on the town, it won't be to a restaurant where I'm thinking, "Relax, this won't hurt a bit."

• Visited October 2013
“Great flavorful food”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We use tripadvisor to find new local restaurants that we have not yet visited. We are small business owners and like to support small business instead of the big chains. We decided to go to this bistro and had a great meal. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a delightful bottle of Sauvignon blanc. We ordered our food at the bar and the service was attentive and pleasant. We ordered the salmon appetizer plate and the "rasta pasta" . The pasta was made with curry and it was delicious. The shrimp in the dish were seared perfectly. Great job by the chef, and we will be back.

• Visited August 2013