“Great Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Enjoyed a great brunch at the bar with three friends. Food was excellent as was the service.
Although the small restaurant was very busy, somehow both owners (a husband & wife team) found time to come by individually and chat. The bartender was friendly, helpful and seemed to be enjoying herself as did everyone there. We each chose a different dish; all were unusual brunch fare and wonderfully prepared.

Great back-story to restaurant as owners were once personal chefs for Neil Young and Rupert Murdoch (probably not at same time), among other notables.

4  Thank BigD062

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a nice early dinner for 6 tonight. We sat indoors, in a small area off the main dining room. The overall feel of the place is laid back, which is good, considering how busy they were. We were not rushed at all, and had very good food and service. The wine list was OK, with some very good buys. My only complaint - why were the red wines (by the glass) served at 55 degrees or so?

4  Thank BigChien
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This has become a true favorite of ours. It's hard to find a small restaurant that consistently produces outstanding food.We have introduced quite a few friends and family member to this gem of a restaurant. Don't change anything, it works!

3  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I ate at the bar, the service and the lady bartender was nothing short of excellent my wife had the Chicken Marsala and I had the Pasta Rasta. We both had the beet salad and for dessert a key lime pie and a home made expresso ice cream dish. We were here for a week and dined here two of the last three nights I only wish I had tried this restaurant earlier. Any review that was short of excellent must have been entered by a competitor because their are none better in Venice.

4  Thank Bill T
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Every time I have visited this restaurant, it has been an excellent experience. The staff is attentive, the food is presented well, is delicious and consistent in quality and freshness. We enjoy going there because it is not noisy like so many other restaurants. You can have an actual conversation that can be heard. I highly recommend it.

3  Thank MarGre279