“The best pizza period. Fresh, high...”
Review of Scamotz Tomato Pies - CLOSED

Scamotz Tomato Pies
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The best pizza period. Fresh, high quality ingredients and outrageously good flavors. Fun setting and never a rush to get you out. And did I mention the salads anD balsalmic dip are terrific? Always our first pick in Venice!

1  Thank BillVenice

Reviewed June 21, 2010

I live in Venice, but just tried this restaurant. The pizza is very flavorful - don't know how they do it. This is nothing like most pizzas you'll eat. Really gourmet stuff. They also give you bread with dipping sauce which also tastes great. The restaurant is small. They have figured out how to create a very intimate, relaxing atmosphere to dine. My only complaint is the wine is very expensive. I know restaurants like to make hugh profits on alcohol, but more reasonable pricing would really complete the deal.

3  Thank MSelbyCPA
Reviewed May 21, 2010

yes, good pizza can be found in florida.....we enjoyed our delicious pie and talking with the owner

1  Thank lesliemooreratcliffe
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I ate at Scamotz last summer. We had seen Trip Advisor reviews and wanted to try it. We enjoyed the meal immensely and enjoyed meeting and chatting with the owner as well. We told him we had seen the reviews online and he was not even familiar with Trip Advisor. Too funny! We will be sure to eat there on our next visit.

1  Thank upstatefoodie73
Reviewed April 4, 2010

My daughter and I visited Scamotz on Easter Sunday evening (April 4, 2010) and found the reviews on Trip Advisor. Since it was a holiday, I was unsure if they were open. To our incredible luck, they were! We sat in the quaint enclosed patio and quickly started a conversation with a couple of ladies who had ordered the Roast Pizza and were raving about their dinner. (this was their "special" for the evening.) I ordered the Roast Pizza and my daughter ordered the small pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms. Before dinner arrived, the waiter borught to us some delicious bread knots and a roasted red pepper and tomato dipping sauce. Delicious! The pizzas arrived and I was blown away at the flavor of my pizza and the freshness of the ingredients. ( the roasted pizza was roasted red and green peppers, artichokes, onions and roasted mushrooms.) The thin pizza crust was very flavorful and the toppings were roasted to perfection. Make sure that you request the balsmatic dipping sauce to drizzle over your pizza! Absolutely marvelous! My daughter enjoyed hers as well. I visit Venice several times a year and will definately return to this small but mighty eatery. It is by far the best pizza in the Venice area! Don't expect quality ingredients to come cheaply though. Our bill came to around $29 without tip and we only did not order wine or beer. The price was well worth the quality of our meal. Don't pass this place by - and Bill (the owner) was very nice considering the other reviews that I have read! Enjoy!

1  Thank kentuckytraveler75