“Excellent food, high prices”
Review of Scamotz Tomato Pies - CLOSED

Scamotz Tomato Pies
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times and find the food very good. Salads are wonderful with fresh makings. But it's very pricey.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Couldn't wait to try this pizza, but despite the supposed quality of ingredients (according to the cashier) the only thing that impressed us were the large chunks of mushrooms. One large & two small pizzas --take-out--were over $80. The assembled pizza eaters all mourned the fact that we didn't order from their favorite pizzerias! So wanted to love this place, but will never go back. Not one of 8 adults (20+ thru 80) thought it was pizza they would ever order.

1  Thank drglassgolf
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant while visiting the area. It was recommended as a good choice and it was amazing. Probably the best pizza I've ever had.
Only issue is we had to go back home to Canada and now wait until we visit the area again!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

While Scamotz is noted for its outstanding tomato pies with all fresh ingredients from the dough and sauce made daily, we enjoyed the most delicious crab cakes last evening. Served with two unique sauces, I chose to eat mine with just freshly squeezed lemon. It was fabulous. Can't wait to go back for more, but I also want to try the fresh pasta on Wednesday evenings, I think. It was lemon pepper this past week. Yummm! Short wait and fine service made this a memorable dinner. Oops, almost forgot that my husband and I could have shared the half small salad.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

They had a 6-top open and seamed reluctant to seat patrons at it. We waited and were glad. Very nice salad and great pie. We however did observe other patrons leave without being seated. This is money out the door in my eyes.