My wife and I stayed here at Banyan House for one night recently. I think it was the best option in Venice. This old home is full of character and very well maintained. It is clean and attractive. It makes you feel like you are staying in someone's home for sure. The owners live next door. Speaking of the owners, one would be hard pressed to find a nicer couple. They really work at making this a place anyone would want to visit. We stayed upstairs in a king room overlooking the banyan tree and pool (which looks like 1950's retro). It was very comfortable and quiet. The flowers, trees, and landscaping here are awesome. The owners just completed a running waterfall and pond in their backyard. It is a marvel to see. Chuck, (the owner) must be one clever fella, and seems to be able to do anything. If you are staying in the area I recommend you try this B & B.
The one weakness we found was the breakfast was not really to our liking. A Monte Cristo breakfast sandwich was served and we prefer the more traditional egg etc. fare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1926 European Style home with rooms & suites with one week minimum and monthly apartments. Heated pool & spa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Banyan House Historic Hotel Venice
- Banyan House Historic b&b
- Banyan House Vacation Rentals Venice, Florida