“I'd stay again”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Longwood, Florida
“I'd stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

Feels secluded, practically on the beach. Room was clean and updated. I know central Florida hotels don't think of themselves as tropical but I sure would have liked a little tropical fruit around for breakfast. But, I know, apples and bananas are cheap and you Yankees would be afraid of a mango or a pineapple, LOL. Otherwise, breakfast was standard hotel fare--oatmeal, muffins, bagels, coffee, oj. No, not fresh squeezed. Again, yankees wouldn't know the difference and Floridians can get it anytime. It just would make it a touch nicer to have fruit juice and something a bit more exotic. I mean, I'm on VACATION, ya know?

The only thing lacking-and most beach hotels do this, inadequate places to hang wet swimsuits. At least this time we didn't have dive gear! Hard enough to find places to hang wet towels but when you factor in swimsuits, well, you have to get creative in most hotel rooms. Between the strong ocean wind and it being a public walkway, the railing was a bit inappropriate. Nothing dried on the chairs outside the door and I was worried that someone would steal our stuff.

I'd recommend the Crow's Nest restaurant but be sure you don't dawdle on the beach and end up going to dinner at 8:30 or so. They have live, "entertainment," and you can't get seated downstairs. If you've done upstairs 2 days in a row, well, the Publix isn't too far to drive.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank InflatableBoat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
IRWIN, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

After 2 weeks of touring Florida's west coast we have to say our stay at the 'Inn At The Beach" was our best stay. The room, the staff, the pool,the breakfast bar were the best we had seen our whole trip. Should have planned more time there, the only draw back was the lack of any restaurants or shops in a short walking distance of the hotel . It was a gem to find this place and we will stop back on our next trip

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JUTDEE
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

Wonderful place to stay. Spotless room, great staff, good breakfast bar, great hot tub and pool. Steps to the beach and minutes to very good shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzyq49Bradenton_FL
cape may nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

We stayed here for a week and had the best time. Beautiful sunsets from our room. Beach toys for the kids. Short walk to downtown area. Complimentary water and fruit all day every day. Gracious and friendly staff. I only have good things to say about this hotel. We will definately be back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank mrspuckhead
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

What a delightful place to stay, clean and stylish. I was in Venice for a mix of business and pleasure and the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Stayed here for a couple nights in mid-March with my adult daughters to see some Spring training baseball. Had a suite facing the ocean. Big suite- Flat panel TV's in living room and bedroom. 2 bathrooms. Full kitchen. Everything was spotless. The free breakfast in the morning was well stocked. And complimentary coffee, juice, soda and goodies in the lobby all day.
Staff was very friendly. On our last day in FL they asked what we planned to do that day when we checked out. We told them we would be at the beach across the street. The lady at the front desk said, " well we still consider you to be our guests, so feel free to keep your car in the parking lot, use our pool, showers and beach chairs, if you'd like."
MY daughters said the pool was nice. The beach across the street is very convenient and a nice beach -especially for shelling. When you are that close, it's worth it to wake up early and walk the beach looking for unique shells for at least one morning of your vacation.
I did misjudge the distance it is from Fort Myers, where the Red Sox have Spring training -a 1 1/2 hour drive mostly highway.
Overall, a wonderful clean hotel run by genuine, friendly people in a quaint town, across from a nice beach.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Ipswich, Mass.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2009

This will be my new favorite place to stay while in the Venice area!
My mother had surgery at Venice Hospital, and I wanted to be near her. This was a very last minute reservation for me. This hotel is lovely. Modern, clean and safe, with a fabulous location. The staff and management went out of their way for me. I stayed in 106. I can't say enough about the kindness I was showed.
I will return again...certainly next time will be vacation!
Thank you, Inn at the Beach.

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Front Desk Kindness
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ibycboatgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
#8 of 13 in Venice
Sunshine Motel
Sunshine Motel
#7 of 13 in Venice

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!