“Best 3 days of my vacation”
Review of Inn at the Beach

Inn at the Beach
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Inn at the Beach in late July 2012 and I loved it. The location could not have been better, across from the beach - where there was a concession stand, volley ball courts, and muscians playing in the evening - Down the road from the lovely tree lined shopping - and minutes from Sharkey's at the Pier :).
the Inn rooms are very clean, comfortable, staff very accomodating. I had a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank bb_from_nj

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed overnight at the Inn on our way to Key West and we have decided we will definitely go back for a longer stay. We were within walking distance (or biking if you take your bicycles like we did) from everything including the rock pier and The Crows Nest, which had the best grouper bites ever. I will and have already recommended The Inn for a great, relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank roadtripgirls1119
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I want to let you know how your hotel made a spur of the moment adventure a wonderful experience. We arrived at your hotel on Sunday 8/19/2012 without a reservation and we saw an interesting motel. We stopped in and were received very warmly by the lady at the front desk and she gave us a very reasonable rate for a room. I told her that if the room wasn't ready it was okay because we were gong to go shelling and shark tooth hunting. She asked for my cell number and told us that we could go shelling and she would call us when the room was ready. She also told us of an area to go to to do our shelling and shark tooth hunting. She called us when the room was ready. When we were tired of shelling we headed back to the hotel to claim our room. She gave us our key and we were more than pleased with our room. It was more than we expected. The decor of the room was truly Florida. It was clean and more than comfortable. We are so happy that we stayed at your hotel that you can be assured on our next trip to Venice we will stay at your hotel. Thank you all for a very relaxing spur of the moment trip. Ed & Jan Magardo

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ed M
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Inn at the Beach has been a quiet getaway for us twice. It is such an attractive place and has so much style. I love the sunny yellow and terra cotta decor with all the tropical foliage. We have stayed in a studio and also in a garden apartment. Both were clean, attractive and had comfortable beds.
Loved the hot tub and pool and surroundings.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the continental breakfast bar is the usual.
The location across from the beach on a quiet street makes it a good refuge. Not alot to do locally but it is a good getaway for relaxing.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SRQ1992
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am struggling with this review because I really think the hotel is great but we did have an unfortunate experience which I don't think is representative of this hotel. The good stuff first, I agree with all the other reveiws, this hotel was spotless, the rooms were great, the pool area was well done-not a large pool but well cared for, clean, great hot tub, outside shower and really nice bathroom. The location is great-right across the street from the public beach. We had two double beds in our room one was quite comfortable & the other was not (like some of the other reviews mentioned). This hotel seems recently redone so I think they may be in the process of replacing the beds. My husband was impressed that the toilet was the top of the line toilet you could buy! The breakfast seemed standard; boxed cereal, fruit, yogurt & assorted pastry. The coffee was better than I expected and they had flavored creams-yeah:) Now to our unfortunate event: We stayed in room 209 which was directly above the lobby. Shortly after we put the kids to bed we could hear loud music coming from below us, at first we thought it was other guests but realized it couldn't be given our location, yet the lobby was closed and there was no one in there. Turns out there is a backroom-we finally got a hold a staff member who apologized and turned it off. A few hours later it was right back on again and no one was answering the after hours buzzer. The same thing happened the second night, this time we were able to find right away and she manager explained that the music was suppose to be turned off, apologized over and over. A few hours later the music was right back on again-this time it took me a hour to find the security guard to turn it off-2 sleepless nights-2 cranky kids.-2 exhausted parents. I complained to the morning manager that morning and he apologized. This is a perfect opportunity for some great customer service-I feel he should have offered something more than an apology-all the other reviews mention how great the service was and I watched this same man go out of his way to help another guest with a taxi-so I was a bit shocked by his curt attitude. So I said I think we deserve some compensation for two sleepless nights, he offered us $50 because he had no record of the first night of our complaints. I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt because it is obvious that they are working hard on this property-but they blew it on the customer service in this case.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 209! I also watched this room rate on some travel websites, when I noticed the r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank jeepkitty
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and very clean. The staff was friendly. The water was free and we were just steps to the BEACH. Beautiful Sunset! The cold breakfast that was a good start in the morning. The location is great close to beach, town, park and restaurants. My daughter and I really enjoyed our visit!

Room Tip: ask for a room witha view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amazoncleaning
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is fantastic, its spotless, the staff are so nice its not true, the rooms are fab, the breakfast is also good, only cold breakfast but everything is there also free water, coffee, cakes,
fruit, 24 hours. Rooms cleaned every day + 2 bottles of water left in your room and coffee + popcorn. there was a A/C unit in this room but we had the very large ceiling fan on all the time which was sufficient for us. The hotel is only 50 yards from the beach and the position of the hotel and Venice village is very safe.The staff on reception are so helpful and friendly if you have a problem and I would be very surprised if you did they would rectify it straightaway. They let me borrow beach chairs and umbrellas for the duration of our holiday ( 2 weeks ) also you can have beach towels every day and for the pool also this was nice and warm. Inn at the Beach you did it for us many thanks. Alan B

Room Tip: we had room with a private balcony and a sea view but believe me any room in this hotel would be goo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bally54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Ramada Venice Hotel Venezia
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key
Island Sun Inn
Island Sun Inn
#8 of 13 in Venice

Been to Inn at the Beach? Share your experiences!