“Wonderful Breakfast Cafe”

Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Breakfast Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I actually found this place on "yelp" We were staying in Venice and didn't want to go to a chain restaurant. This place is charming. Vintage Shabby Chic Decor. My husband got the Denver Omelette and I got the Eggs Bennie. Both were fantastic. His homefries were tasty I know it sounds crazy to comment on home fries but it seems like they were hand cut potatoes and they were fried to the perfect consistency. The Piece de Resistance were the scones. I got the devonshire cream chocolate chip scones. OMG Totally delicious. Make sure you try the scones with coffee.

Prices were pretty darn low too. Especially for a tourist town.

• Visited September 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Great place for lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and was not disappointed. My wife had the grilled cheese and tomato basil soup--the first thing she said was wow, homemade family recipe. I had a chopped salad with grilled mahi that was very good. The topper was taking home dessert, a huge brownie and a raspberry scone with cream. Prices are good and the atmosphere is well done. A big thank you to the owner and staff for offering such a unique place!

Englewood, Florida
“Surprise lunch at Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went into the Upper Crust on a whim and we were delighted with what we found. The wait staff was very helpful and offered suggestions as we are both vegetarians. We found two combinations that were great. I had a munester grilled cheese on whole grain bread with a tomato bisque soup and my wife had a brushetta that was very good. This will be a place to return for lunch or breakfast in the future for us. You should try it.

Visited August 2013
“Amazing breakfast - Best in Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited Upper Crust with my Mother In Law for the first time and LOVED it. Everything is so fresh, amazing and homemade. We started with blueberry scones with sweet cream which were delicious, then I ordered the quiche of the day which was fantastic. They have cute, quaint decor which is perfect for a girls' outing. We ordered tea to share in old fashioned tea kettles which were so cute. I can't wait to go back!

Fort Myers, Florida
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We discovered this place 5 years ago when we lived in Gainesville and since then we have made our way back there several times when "in the area". We are always willing to drive extra miles to make it fit in our travels. I had the Tuscan soup, it was absolutely delicious, creamy and flavorful (sausage, bacon, potato) and grilled cheese sandwich, not your average grill cheese. My husband had the crab cake sandwich and was very happy with it. We then had our favorites, the strawberry shortcake and he had a cinnamon roll. We left happy with the meal, feeling lucky for that day we found that place just wondering around trying to find a nice place for breakfast and thinking when it will be "on the way" again. Can't wait to go back!

2 Thank AVGW