“Not only for Breakfast”

Upper Crust Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 15 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not only for Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went in here for breakfast on arrival for our vacation. Everything is fresh and the menu is large and varied. Took the scones for a snack later. Blueberry scones are sold as soon as they are out of the oven, they are that good. Also went back to lunch which was just as good. Would highly recommend this restaurant for great food at a reasonable price.

• Visited February 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Breakfast, Brunch, Or Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Being a Florida resident, I tend to avoid busy places such as downtown Venice during season, but yesterday I made an exception! I was spending the day with my best friend who suggested Upper Crust for lunch. I had been to their bakery "section" many times but had never eaten in. We were able to get a table right away which was surprising considering it was 11:00 AM on a Saturday. My friend ordered tea and a wrap sandwich which she really enjoyed. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine, which came with a delicious warm crossaint and a side salad. The prices were a little high, my meal was $11. But the quiche is homemade and was a pretty good sized piece. The restaurant itself is absolutely charming. It's small but the tables are spread out so you don't feel like you're shoved into a table. It's decorated very simple and shabby chic. It's the perfect place for a nice weekend morning meal or to catch up with your girlfriends. The service was also very good. I will be back again soon!

• Visited February 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Awesome breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Had breakfast here several times and every time it was great. All the pastry was baked fresh and in house. The service was very good but you have to wait your turn on the weekends. There was always a line to be seated but it was worth the wait.

Visited January 2013
Eastham, Massachusetts
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

it is pricey even for the area. The scones are good, but for what you pay they should be even better. You can get a better breakfast other place cheaper.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank 98999Mike
NC
“Wonderful scones/Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

While visiting friends in Nokomis/Venice and with our husbands playing golf, my friend and I decided to walk around the "trendy" area of downtown Venice and then stop in and try Upper Crust, well known for their scones. We had our coffee and scones at the outdoor area (right on the sidewalk) and it was a most enjoyable experience. The apricot scones were delicious and even more so with a side of the clotted cream. The coffee was very good as well. We were told by our waitress that in order to choose from a larger variety of scones, we neyeded to come earlier in the morning as the scones disappear quickly. Service was attentive and we weren't rushed.

Two days later we went back with our husbands for breakfast and first made sure to pick out the scones we wanted to take home with us. Breakfast inside this lovely restaurant was quite good. One critique I had, but didn't mention to the waitress, was that the thick-sliced French toast that was supposed to be dipped in a cinnamon egg batter didn't have any cinnamon so was kind of bland, but the sugar-free syrup helped. What was really nice was when our very friendly waitress apologized to my husband when his side order of home fries didn't arrive with his omelet and she wasn't going to charge us for it - very nice considering it wasn't a big deal. The other dishes of omelets, pancakes, etc. were very good. Best bacon ever.

• Visited January 2013