“Dont go if you are British”

British Open Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 260 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2018

WE went to the British Pub because was a tad homesick, I had fish & Chips and hubby had Steak & ale pie.
THe restaurant was quite empty when we arrived but waited at least 5 minutes before we were served, the waiters & waitresses were just standing around looking at us.
When we were finally served our food what a disappointment, Three fingers of fish and overcooked or heated up chips, they were dry and stale. My husbands steak and ale pie was full of mushrooms and not much else more like a mushroom stew. and topped with uncooked flaky pastry. If I wanted to take my US friends there to show them what our food was like I would have been embarrassed. Went there 2 years ago and just after it opened, the fish was a large piece and nothing like the smattering I was served.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Doreen B
Kelly O, Owner at British Open Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback!! This is not, in any way, the experience we strive to offer our customers!!! I'm not sure what happened on this particular day, but will promise you that we will continue to work and offer a great experience that WILL help you feel less homesick!!
I would love to meet you the next time you come in! Please ask for Kelly or whoever my Manager on duty is for that day!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Excellent, British/Irish pub/restaurant. Authentic dishes, friendly service, nice and clean, and HUGE portions!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018

I stopped in while visiting Venice. Located by the Publix Grocery Store. Very nice atmosphere and the food was very good. Had a couple of Smithwick’s beers and broiled shrimp. Beer great and the Shrimp were large and very good. Good place to eat and relax

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 11, 2018

We usually have dinner at BOP at least 2x a month. My youngest loves the mac-n cheese, I love the chef salad which is always fresh and filling, my husband loves the fish n chips or the pot roast and the teens like the burgers and the Brie LT. Servers are super friendly and attentive, we enjoy the live music and trivia too. They also have outdoor and bar seating available. Try them you will love it too!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

Seven friends enjoyed dinner here from a menu featuring everything from pub food to prime rib. The daily entree specials were different for each day of the week. Ours was a chicken pastor, but two of us selected the chicken and mushroom pie instead. Two others had the prime rib, three had fish and chips. French onion soup was selected by four and thoroughly enjoyed! Presentation of entree was very nice and reflected the theme of a British Pub. Beers are cold; atmosphere fun for all. Kids will love to watch the train go around near the ceiling of the bar/dining room. Casual and hearty food with good service! Definite a place to eat many times.

Date of visit: April 2018