“Pleasantly surprised! ”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to give this place a go after hearing good things. It doesn't look like much from the outside but once you walk in, its adorable. Theres not a lot of seating but enough. We were seated right away. Choosing a table farthest from the band not wanting to be sceaming to talk to each other. But that wasnt necessary. It ended being a wonderful folksy-like trio. The waitress was awesome. I had never had either of the hard ciders on tap so she brought me a taste of each to decide. Our food came quickly. I got fish and chips, hubs got a rueben. It was all very good. They must cook and slice their own corned beef. It was sweeter than I expected but still yummy. There was quite a storm outside and it just added to the ambiance. We got dessert. I forget what it was called. But there was pastry, ice cream, whip cream..caramel. mmmm. We couldn't finish it. Best of all, this place didn't break the bank. Drinks, dinner, dessert, and music-all for $40 before tipping. The only downfall I saw was the young busser boy was a little slow on clean up after tables left. I'm trying to return as soon as possible!

There are newer reviews for British Open Pub & Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am very sorry to say they have changed their fish and chips. You could tell it used to be fresh, but now they are using frozen chunks (same type you get from Sysco or US Foods).

Rest of the menu is pretty much the same and their pasties are still good, but very disappointed in the fish and chips.

1  Thank johnnmary
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We just returned from London where we visited several pubs. The British Open Pub food, beer selection and atmosphere is as good as if not better than what we found in England. It has a friendly neighborhood bar feel with the food being a mix of pub fare and homemade (be sure to have the freshly made mashed potatoes or one of the British dishes like Cornish Pasty, Cottage Pie or Pot Roast). That is what they do best and if you like good beer, this place is for you.

1  Thank Blueheron100
Reviewed May 7, 2014

When my companion and I entered, we were greeted and seated right away by a gentleman, but even though the restaurant had just opened for lunch and was empty, we had to wait quite a while before our waitress Sydney acknowledged us and was surprised we had not been handed a menu. My companion recommended the CRAB CAKES, and that's what we both ordered. When the coffee I ordered was served, I told the waitress, kindly, that it was extremely weak. Her reply was that this was not a Starbucks!!! I told her I had never been to a Starbucks, but I am a coffee drinker and just wanted to let her know that it was very weak. Oh well, when the lunch came, the fries were not hot, the peas were actually from a CAN!!!! (at $12.99 - from a can?????) but the crabcakes were indeed delicious. I agree with another commentator about the dust in the place - not very good for a restaurant. As good as the crab cakes were, I would not go back there.

2  Thank mamamia70
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

The food was mediocre, the atmosphere dreary. Upon examination LOTS of dust & dirt. Not a good experience at all!! I would not recommend this at all!!