“surprising”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Englewood, Florida
“surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

m wife got me a new smart phone for a early birthday present, im now 35 and yes behind the times. we LOVE sushi and had been spoiled at a place out of state. we have come back here to our home base and have been in search for that perfect mixture of texture vs. taste and feshness combined with the eclectic minds of knowledgeable sushi chefs. after MANY sushi bars and HUNDREDS of dollars spent we have found the place that when we get the erge for sushi we will go. osaka. it is a little drive but worth it. the chefs are flexible were possible, ie, we use no soy sauce or wasabe, so they put spicy mayo and eel sauce on top. the lousiana roll has got it going on!!! i wish they had had like a seafood tar tar, hint hint, mngt... the overall experience for me and my wife was was about 100 dollars but we ate and ate and ate.... we drank some too!!! the sake is hot and good!!! i highly recomend this place. you dont have to spend a lot of money. we ordered all premeium rolls. and drank, did i mention that?

• Visited April 2012

Sarasota
“A little great place for sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Went here with my friends after reading it on here. I had the Lousiana Roll and it was freaking amazing. I'm not a big fan of friend things or cooked sushi but I have to say that roll was amazing. I also ordered the Miami heat and it was great combination of raw fish packed in the roll. My friend Charles had the appetizer orashi shrimp, sweet and spicy, it was good. The decor in here is amazing; makes you feel like your no longer in this small town. Would love to go back and try the other rolls whenever I swing back into Venice.

Kase

• Visited March 2012
venice
“My favorite sushi place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

Always consistent and fresh sushi! Great value and nice sized rolls! If you are sick of the "trendy" sushi places and just want some quality sushi--visit here!

Visited February 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“soggy shushi, sour wine”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I read dozens of reviews praising this place from so called shushi experts. Actually when we went in the place was empty, except for a booth with four young people. This the height of the season in the area. I should have known. Ordered shushi 8 pc dinner. Wife, not shushi eater gets salmon terriyaki, without sauce. Salad, miso and clear soup. Her wine, pino grigio sour and stale. Sent back. Got riesling, warm. I guess I am a fussy shushi eater, cause it wasn't good. Texture and taste is critical. Looked at selection in glass refrige case and not great looking. Tuna right color, but tasteless and not that smooth texture. Salmon not bad and white tuna ok, but all shushi was very moist, like your food would be if the refrigerator had broken. Never had soggy shushi before. The california roll ok, but I didn't finish it, nor the second pc of tuna, which I regretted eating. Not a bad odor, just funny texture, soggy and absolutely tastless like eating a dish cloth. After all the reviews I wonder how much shushi those people ate and what their standards are. When we left, only two men in restaurant and 7:00 which is typically busy time in this season. That above all is evidence of quality of this place. The woman proprietor said economy made place empty, but I wonder.

Much better shushi in Sarasota. Price for dinner with drink each $50, so no bargain especially when you can't finish it.

• Visited March 2012
Indiana
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Nice sushi selection, good sake & Japanese beer. The chicken curry & tempura were excellent. We were nervous at first because this place was empty except for some take-out orders, but the great food & service won us over!

Visited February 2012