“Local Dining at its Best!”
Review of Quarterdeck

Quarterdeck
Ranked #4 of 20 Restaurants in Umatilla
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It's kind of like "Cheers" but, different! The Quarterdeck does have a full bar, but it's also Seafood done right. Of course there are delicious options for those in your party who do not eat seafood, but seafood is the reason we eat here. The food is tasty, ample portions, prices are great and the staff is friendly. They might not always know your name, but...they're always glad you came! When you wonder "where do the locals go to eat?" In Umatilla, it's the Quarterdeck.

1  Thank Anna R

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I had "all you can eat" snow crab. The snow crab was hot, fresh tasting and plentiful. The drawn butter was not good- tasted like it had soured or sat uncovered in the fridge so I just ate the snow crab without it! The snow crab was really good! The sides were ok but I wasn't very interested in them anyhow. The service was good and the snow crab was really good!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We travel to the Umatilla/Mt Dora area once a year for our anniversary. We discovered Quarterdeck quite by accident 5 years ago. It is casual dining at it's very best. The décor inside the restaurant is very nautical and the seating is spacious. But the best part is the food and the staff! We usually go on Friday evenings and partake of the AUCE Fish Fry. The fish is Alaskan Pollack and it is cooked to perfection! Very lightly breaded, not overpowering at all and the supply just keeps coming with smiles from the wait staff. As far as service goes, imagine this. We had only been in the restaurant twice before ((the visits were a year apart as we go on our anniversary weekend as I stated). When we walked in, not only did the staff remember our names, they also remembered it was our anniversary! On every visit since, not only has the wait staff been super friendly, but the owner has also come to our table to thank us for our loyalty. If you want to feel like you are appreciated while getting great food in a clean atmosphere...this is the place. Great job guys...see ya next year!

3  Thank JHB0915
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had dinner at the Quarterdeck with my family on a Friday night. It wasn't too crowded and we were sat promptly. The Quarterdeck, as its name implies is mainly seafood, but has plenty of choices for those who don't like seafood. We had a sampler app with jalapeno poppers, chicken strips and fried cheese; I'm a southern boy so I had to try their hushpuppies as well. It was all prepared well and enjoyable. My son and I had the fish sandwhich, blackened and my wife had a steak. While the fish sandwhiches were good they were overseasoned with the paprika in the blackening mix, I would recommend fried or grilled next time. My wifes steak was cooked perfectly, she likes it medium rare and the baked potato was also just right. All in all it was a good meal and we will return.

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a good meal always do there fish an clams are just like new England love this place good service an clean.