“Dining in a small town”
Review of Nicky D's Pizza

Nicky D's Pizza
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Umatilla
Cuisines: American, Italian, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Umatilla, is a small town in Central Florida stuffed between Eustis and Altoona. Nicky D's is modest inside and out, however, the dining experience needs to be shared. Ordering from their vast Italian menu, I had Baked Eggplant, and with a generous portion of Calamari appetizer, I was ready for a to-go box before the main course arrived. The huge portions of baked Eggplant and side penne pasta was fantastic. The flavor kept me eating even after the brain said stop. We boxed at least 3/4 of the meal and thoroughly enjoyed it for lunch the next day..
A definite must if passing through Central Florida on Highway 19.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I will NEVER give this place one more cent of mine .The first time I ordered delivery, after changing me for delivery [their listing says Free delivery] the pizza came and almost half of it was missing cheese .It obviously slid as the driver brought it here.But I didn't want to complain so I said nothing. Tonight I ordered pizza again and told them of my experience and asked to be careful .An hour later the delivery person calls and asks for my address.20 minutes later she calls back that she can't find me in GPS. I know for a fact we are in GPS but I gave her diections.
When the pizza finally got here, it was ICE COLD.
I called Nicky D's and asked them if they could send another pizza and take this one back or give me a credit. Something, anything to show they care.
Their response.
Pretty much. Tough.
I have never encountered such terrible customer service. We have been excellent customers, dining in and brought people there but never again.

joey760, Manager at Nicky D's Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

We are sorry about your first issue you had with cheese to one side,we use real mozzerella and that can happen. We did offer correction and you said no need. We offer free deliveryon the menu,however it states Limited area,you are a 25 mile round trip which in equals a good amount of fuel cost. GPS devices are not always working reliably. IT was not an hour later the driver called you for directions to your home. You gave the driver directions as if you were going to her......which was backwoods....that is why it showed up later . ....During busy times a delivery may take an hour....that doesn't mean it came of the oven an hour ....the Box alone is design to stay hot for an hour...anyway thanks for apologizng to driver for giving..wrong directions,and we hope you consider us again in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently had dinner here with friends and had a wonderful meal. Nicky D's I assume the name is because they are across the street from "Mickey D's'. Regardless they have a wonderful Italian menu to choose from. I was in the mood for a pizza and it was fantastic. My friends had a Greek salad of which also looked great. If your in the Umatilla area I highly recommend you check this place out and you will not be disappointed. Service was great as our waitress was continually filling out glasses and taking care of our needs. It looked to be a popular place as many other patrons were also dining in.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have to admit, it was better than expected. I was prepared for a small town, out dated interior with basic old folks home food. Pleasantly surprised, I found a spacious , clean, and inviting dining area as well as kind wait staff. It's difficult to rate a businesses food on just one visit, but Umatilla is not a city likely to draw me in for a concert or sporting event.
But, with a simple gesture like serving a cold container of grated cheese with your entree', it reflects a management that likely cares about their product freshness and quality which in turn, translates to a finer, fresher meal for their patrons. With the limited customer base available in a town as small and remote at Umatilla, survival for Nicky D's may prove to be a challenge, but, I would most definitely welcome a Nickey D's in my own city someday. It's good stuff !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This wonderful dining experience sits on the main street of Umatilla at the one traffic light in the town. The menu is all inclusive with one entree only better by the next. Order what you wish and be assured you will get a great meal, done the way you like it. Go now, enjoy the food, guaranteed you will return and return often.