“Take a look at real Florida on Horseback GREAT family friendly riding”

Happy Acres Horseback Ranch
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Take a look at real Florida on Horseback GREAT family friendly riding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

*** I have started putting up Autism Tips for those of us that have children with autism to give you a heads up on what you might need to bring or what you might encounter you'll see an ***AT***
at the start of any tip area. ***

We've been visiting Happy Acre Horseback Ranch since December of 2012 and we can't stop going because this allows us time to shut off the cell phones ( you most likely won't get service), learn about horses, rehabilitation, and truly enjoying life.

Ms. Anne is truly an amazing teacher. She takes the time to show you how to ride your horse, and you're never rushed so you feel comfortable with your surroundings and what you are doing.

The trail ride is beautiful and if you're an experienced rider she offers water crossing as well.

They are very affordable as you will see on their website and they also offer day camps when the kids are out of school and week long camps during the summer. My son has attended both the day camps and the week long camps. The kids can't wait to come back the next day to have even more fun.

This is NOT a competitive ranch. They offer trail rides, horsemanship classes, etc. It is very laid back and Ms. Anne and her husband John who helps out on the ranch are two of the most friendly people you will ever meet.

***AT*** Bring your carrots and sliced up apples the kids love to feed the horses. Also, be aware that these horses can sense when you are your child is nervous but once the kids start to pet the horses they seem to relax. They are all about safety at the ranch so make sure to follow their guidelines.

***AT*** This is a working ranch - if you child is afraid of hawk sounds, cows, horses "talking" to each other bring our ear plugs just in case. You may see various farm equipment and larger trucks. We've only seen a few but the ear plugs should be handy just in case. :)

If you go first thing in the morning around 8 am you will see SO much wild life - wild turkeys, hawks soaring, swallows gliding in the air, cows, horses (of course), and deer we've seen so far. Take your camera because it is amazing!

I am what you might consider a nervous riding I haven't ridden in awhile but I loved my trail ride and Ms. Anne was very informative about the area and told me all about my horse.

Visited May 2013