“Authentic Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Excellent choice, well presented and very tasty. Everyone who has been with us to the restaurant have all raved about the food.

1  Thank Harry998

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Excellent food, good service and nice napery, crockery and cutlery. Unfortunately, the restaurant is not licensed

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was informed that everything in the restaurant is imported from Thailand, right down to the serviettes, well, the service is also imported as it is impeccable, the toilets are beautifully laid out and CLEAN, the atmosphere is wonderful but let us get to the food.

Myself and my travelling companion ordered spring rolls, these were crisp and beautifully served on a decorative plate. I had ordered the spicy Tom Yum soup with chicken and jasmine rice for my main, my companion had a stir fry and everything was fresh and the taste sensations just kept on bursting in my mouth, I was so disappointed that the meal had ended. We had brought our own wines as the restaurant is still not received their license.

I was blown away when I received the bill for the two of us for starters and mains and it came out less than two soggy burgers with oily chips from a well known fast food chain, I vowed to return to the place as often as possible to enjoy the delights.

3  Thank Barry_Treen
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have only had absolutely magnificent service and food at Taste Of Thai. The food is of a superior standard not losing any of its authenticity. With plenty to choose from on the menu, and a great atmosphere I highly recommend Taste of Thai.

1  Thank Kendall78
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Local influences usually changes the way traditional foods are served. You will know what I mean if you have had a pizza in Naples, Italy and then try a local variation. I really enjoy Thai food and was delighted in a local find in the form of Taste of Thai in Hilton. The advertising specifically draws attention to the fact that the food served here is NOT influenced by western culture at all. It is run by an enthusiastic Thai gentleman who not only seems passionate about the food his restaurant serves but also the authenticity of the experience. Many of the ingredients and spices in the meals are apparently imported from Thailand and I must say that if this is so, then this is about as authentic as you are going to find. The food is delicious and the service is above average with the waiter staff clearly having been trained well as they were able to answer complicated questions about the different types of curry for example. I loved being able to choose the level of spiciness which means that the menu opens up to all palettes. The menu is classy and professionally printed with good descriptions and pictures for those not totally familiar with the style of food. This in itself was refreshing after experiencing so many restaurants that have menus photo-copied or poorly printed from an ink-starved printer and then badly laminated. My group was a mix of local and from JHB and without exception all raved that the food was absolutely the best Thai food they have ever eaten outside of Thailand and I concur. The cherry on the cake was that the prices were reasonable and with the bonus of attentive and swift service, I highly recommend this restaurant. My only little niggle was that my friends that faced the flat screen television high on the one wall felt this was a distraction and apart from the slide show of cropped images of Thai temples added very little, if anything, to the otherwise memorable experience.

3  Thank NauticalVoyager