“Pleasant Surprise”

Sloppy Joe's Treasure Island
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 24, 2014

After reading other reviews I was a bit hesitant to try Sloppy Joe's based on what I had read about the service. I am glad we gave it a try. The service was great! We had an efficient waiter who made some great recommendations. My only concern being that he delivered food across people rather than from the side. However, the menu was great. The kids menu offered a ton of choices. My husband had the grouper sandwich and it was the biggest piece of fish I have ever seen! Great value and delicious too! The best part of this restaurant is the view of the Gulf from anywhere in the restaurant. It would be stunning at sunset.

1  Thank A C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,653)

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Awful. It's only redemption is that it is on the beach. I am too middle-aged and cranky to eat at a bar that serves jello shots and is crawling with unsupervised children. They brought me draft beer in a plastic disposable cup. We didn't eat there because the atmosphere was of a tourist trap and their food was overpriced. It was noisy for no reason. Ugh! Just awful.

2  Thank Scrapsofoz
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Bland food. Too expensive. Overpriced drinks. Had the big sloppy. Same sloppy joe you make at home from a can. Lobster burger nothing special at all. It's average at best.

1  Thank Jeremy R
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I was staying in a neighboring hotel (which was fantastic) and I had read how great the food was at Sloppy Joes. I had just flown in from CT and my son had driven in 4 hours from law school in Florida and we just wanted to have a quick bite to eat on the water and we decided to walk to Sloppy Joes.

I have a service dog and when I walked in with my son and service dog the bartender rudly told me that I had to leave that they did not allow service animals, I tried to explain to him that she is not a pet and a service animal, when I began tried to explain he raised his voice to me and caused a scene then turned his back on me and told me I had to leave. Keep in mind they have outdoor and indoor seating.

To make matters worse I called and spoke to the several people in the hotel including two managers who spoke to me initially but said they would call me back after they investigate. THEY HAVE NOT CALLED BACK.

It is now august and this trip was in June 2014 and I have waited until now to post anything with the hope that I would receive a call back but I haven't.

I will never eat or stay with this hotel, if you have a service animal or need special assistance I would go somewhere else. It's obvious the staff is not only not trained well but the managers do not seem to care.

1  Thank MAG080967
Reviewed August 20, 2014

7 of us just had lunch at Sloppy Joe's. Amber was our server. I think she was the only server working the whole place. The lunch special was never mentioned. One of my friends asked what kind of soups they had. Amber just pointed at the menu! Order took forever (over an hr) and then we all received checks with l8% already figured in. Club sandwiches and salads were good, but the service did not warrant the l8% tip from all of us.

1  Thank beachgmaSeminoleFL
Roger J, General Manager at Sloppy Joe's Treasure Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Dear beachgmaSeminoleFL ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to Sloppy Joe’s. Please know that it is our goal to provide a superlative dining experience for each of our guests. Please except my sincere apology for not having met this level of service for you and your guests. Please know that we will address the issues you voiced with our staff and hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting again.

Roger Jones- General Manager