“O.K. Place to stay. Nothing Fancy.”

Thunderbird Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at this hotel as the second part of our family road trip. It is very inviting from the the front. I'm a big fan of "old-school" neon signs. Parking is a little bit of an issue, but we didn't feel like anything would happen to our car. We were able to park under our room. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The bathroom was small, but gave up a cabin like feel, we liked it. We had a room next to an efficiency and the kitchen door butted right up to our room. The door was thin, and we could hear everything that went on next door. A lot of smokers seem to congregate at this hotel. The pool was very nice with a well manicured courtyard. a large crowd of people that knew each other checked in during our second day. The people were nice, but they took the place over with smoking and drinking. Our children seemed to be pushed out of the pool. The hotel is right on the beach, but it is 600-700 feet to the Gulf on the beach. The beach is also not exactly white sand, a lot of shells. You defintely need shoes for the walk to the Gulf. Also, I would recommend water shoes as I cut my foot and needed stitches from "shuffling my feet" to avoid sting rays.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed August 10, 2010

Excellent front desk staff, friendly, professional yet easy to talk to. Made us feel comfortable upon arriving after a long drive. All suites.Ours was perfect for our two sons and my wife and I. Well appointed and equiped for an extended stay or weekend, although we stayed just one night. Beautiful huge beachfront steps from all rooms. Classic old Florida beach town. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I traveled with my elderly parents, pop in a wheelchair mom with a walker.
Staff went out of their way to make us comfortable and to provide us with everything we needed.
Rooms were clean and beds comfy, large screen TV and gulf front view..all one could ask for and then some...
The music was great and within walking distance to outside restaurants and shopping.
Don't forget to eat breakfast and lunch at the Tiki Cafe, food was home cooked,made to order and delivered hot; quite a choice too!
Servers provided all the necessities and refills without asking.
Will I return???....as soon as I can get away...packing my bags now as we speak......

Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Hotel is older, but acceptable. Beach is distant. Hotel night manager is arrogant and rude. Parking is insufficient for number of rooms, and while mgmt claims to enforce parking rules like one space per vehicle, no parking in driveway, and no double parking, they DO NOT and were more than happy to tell us that we are blocked in for the night, and there is nothing they can do about it. I was told that security works 3 properties and may not make it here to deal with the issue until the next day. Won't stay again unless they get serious about this problem.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

It always feels like home to me when I'm at the Thunderbird. I loved spending another one of my mothers birthday weekend (July 30th) at the Thunderbird. Check in and check out is a total breeze! Sarah and Barbara are so professional and are truly the most caring and helpful ladies I've met in this staffing position. Love the rooms,beach views, bartender- Fawn makes the best bushwacker this side of St. Thomas V.I., friendly service, and the hot tub-perfect temp always. See you all at Christmas, if not sooner.
Picture is of my mom's birthday last year at Thunderbird. "Beautiful Barbara" R.I.P. 1/20/10

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Great location on a beautiful, wide beach. The hotel is older but appears to be recently "refreshed". The room had newer furniture and paint, but there were small touches of a haphazard remodeling, such as old two-prong outlets and an old switch on the wall that had been simply painted over. (Good luck plugging your laptop into one of those old outlets!) Overall the room was clean except there was some hair in the bathroom.

For us, our room was the possible location: third floor gulf view farthest from the pool. The pool area was very busy and noisy throughout the day and night, so we were glad to be as far away as possible. We wouldn't recommend staying in one of the pool view rooms unless you like crowds and sharing your "balcony" (aka walkway) with a bunch of other people.

We had a good breakfast at the onsite Tiki Cafe. Overall a pleasant stay, but choose your room wisely if you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The staff at the THUNDERBIRD WAS SUPERB...from the hotel front desk (SARAH) TO THE maids...everyone made us feel welcome and very friendly... we deft will stay again...Thank U sarah for all your help and kindness u deserve BIG WOW!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family