Tripadvisor
Treasure Island
1,835 results
All reviews front desk tiki bar and live music tiki hut every afternoon poolside room hot tub housekeeping staff within walking distance an older hotel on site restaurant pool side rooms were very clean third floor old florida small kitchen spring break love this place
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I was super excited to stay at this hotel while we were in the Tampa area....the rooms look SO inviting! And when we got there...they kind of were...but the bathrooms were extremely outdated and our room had tiny bugs (they looked like tiny fire ants) that were biting the crap out of us. We did not really know how bad it was until the next day when we woke up and the bites appeared all over us! I brought this to the attention of the check out agent...and she voluntarily gave me 1/2 off our room....but scolded me that I didnt report it the night before so they could come spray chemicals (not really what I want to sleep in...and the hotel was sold out, so we couldnt change rooms!!). We honestly didnt know it was as bad as it was...or maybe we would have dealt with the chemicals. But way to blame the customer!! I reminded her that I didnt put the bugs there...and maybe their staff should pay closer attention when they are cleaning...since these bugs were VERY obvious! We also did not like that the beds are on a platform, then a boxspring...then a thick mattress. You need a stool to get into the bed. Also...dont bother with a gulf front room!....You are a mile away from the water. Pool side rooms are better.....and dont plan to go to bed early.....they have live entertainment til like 10pm....and the doors all slam very HARD....so when everyone goes back to their room....it's a loud BAM throughout the courtyard. That was unexpected!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

I really enjoyed my stay at the Thunderbird! Great location, room was nice, loved all the tv channels, too! Elizabeth at the front desk was very kind and helpful, too! I would say that I can picture this hotel getting noisy in peak seasons, as each room has a set of two chairs outside and you can definitely hear if people are outside and in the pool if you are in a poolside room.

Room tip: avoid pool side rooms for less noise.
Reviewed January 19, 2020

A lovely, unpretentious small resort hotel with great staff in a fabulous location directly on a huge, stunning beach with insanely beautiful sunsets. Tiki bar and music, yet also quiet times. Restaurant on-site plus tons of places in walking distance. Comfortable beds, fridge and microwave, good-sized pool and hot tub. Even our courtyard/pool view room actually had gulf views from the balcony, a wonderful surprise. The icing on the cake was the friendly and helpful staff— from the desk clerks to the women who cleaned the rooms to the security guard to the guys who promptly came in to fix TV. A special shout-out to the always upbeat Elizabeth at the front desk who went above and beyond in helping me with some faxing/computer work and who greeted us so warmly whenever we came in or out. Also the gentleman who works the night shift after her was also helpful. Overall, a great experience and in my opinion preferable to a corporate hotel and a good value for the money.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Topaz L
Reviewed January 17, 2020

We were having trouble with the tv in the room. Dave K responded to our request for assistance to trouble shoot it. He was very prompt friendly and quickly indentified the issue and had it working again. Thanks again Dave K

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

If you are looking for an Old Florida feel, this is your place. The hotel is freshly renovated and well maintained with lush gardens and beautiful pool area. During our stay we had one issue with the a/c, we called the front desk and within minutes they sent David K and he had us under blankets in no time.