This hotel is well kept for being an older hotel.
Pros: The cost- it was a bit cheaper than staying in Clearwater. It was very clean on the inside. Well kept. The housekeeping staff and front desk person was very nice and pleasant.
Cons: The biggest thing we didn't like about this hotel was the distance to the beach/water. We didn't realize it was so far to the actual water. I would prefer to stay closer to the water. The light in the bathroom didn't work most of the time. I did report this when we checked out and they said they would get it fixed. There was also very visable mold on the chair sitting on the outside balcony. We had a "ocean front" room but d/t the distance to the ocean we couldn't even hear it or even get a breeze from it. The other rooms were not private balconies.
We decided to only stay one night d/t the cons of this hotel to our family.
Overall this was an ok hotel to stay in. Basically you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Feola's Italian Ristorante, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida