“Best staff ever!!!”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Winter Haven, Florida
“Best staff ever!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

A friend and I went for a couple days on the beach. The staff was so very helpful and pleasant. I could not have been treated better. I would like to thank Michelle G., Lou, BreeAnna, Missi, Amanda, Jonny and Michelle C. I look forward to revisiting the Thuderbird in Treasure Island, FL.

Room Tip: Pool side was amazing.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
Rochester, MI
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We actually stayed here on vacation about 4 years ago but felt compelled to write a review when i received an advertisement from them in my email today. The Thunderbird is a great family hotel. We had a little kitchenette, we were right by the pool, their was a drum circle on the beach that we thoroughly enjoyed, the tiki bar was fun, the surrounding restaurants and bars were fun, it was a beautiful location, the prices were reasonable so we could spend more money doing other things...I've stayed in many luxury resorts but had as much fun if not more at the Thunderbird. I would definitely stay there again if I was heading to Treasure Island. Yes, the hotel is dated as it was probably built in the 50s but it's been nicely maintained (at least it was 4 years ago). And for the person who complained about the distance to the beach, that's just how it is in that area. Mother Nature created a very wide beach area with lots of sand.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quaint & neat. Our room was nice & clean & recently updated. The outside bar is near ground level rooms & smoke would permeate the room. We had to leave patio door shut & couldn't set out without being choked by smoke. The beach is a long hike across rough shell filled sand. That is minor, just wish I had known it was that far. We didn't get housekeeping service at all. She came way to early & didn't return to clean until 4:30. We were back in room & cleaning up for the evening. Staff was very nice & i would probably stay there again, however I will check out other hotels closer to beach. Overall, we had a good time!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The staff here is great, very friendly and helpful. Reminds me of a family-run business. The location was great, as was the pool and the beach (hotel is directly on the beach). We ended up not going to another theme park and just relaxed here for our final 3 days. Our 5-year old was perfectly content switching between the pool and the beach. The rooms were nice and clean. Free internet, free parking, free towels...were awesome as well, NO resort fee. They have chairs you can use for the beach (left behind by other travelers). We ate at the restaurant twice (delivered to our room), good food. There was music entertainment each night. Not crowded. Quite time was 11:00 pm. On Saturday, it was a bit noisy until then, but promptly stopped. The only negative (which I did not think of as a negative, but some might) is that it is an older place. But, I thought it added to the ambiance. I'd rather stay at a place like this than a large chain any day. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I recently stayed at the Thunderbird. The ads on the internet are deceiving as they show beautiful rooms and great ocean view. The hotel is ocean front, well sort of. You have to walk a distance to get there which is alright. The major complaints is with the service. The room service people left trash in our room the entire stay. It became a game to see how long the pizza box stayed in the room (3 days). I understand you get what you pay for and this place is cheap and ocean front. However, our room was connected to the one next door. It literally felt like we were sharing a room, I could hear the neighbor's conversations, the microwave, the toilet flushing, them going to the bathroom, shower, you name it. For us we went to have a quiet relaxing beach weekend and were awoken every morning by screaming children, toilets flushing and doors slamming.

Also the Tiki bar it great. It was nice to have a cocktail outside and have an ocean view. When I asked how late they were open the answer was "sunset but if there are people there the bar will stay open." Well we were having fun and tipping well I might add. There were at least 10 people at the little bar and the bartenders became rude and crabby insisting they needed to close. We left at 9:30 pm. Also, the whole time they are blasting music, not just on the weekends either til 9:30 on a Monday night loud music was playing.

The rooms are substandard. I felt like I was staying at a roadside inn on the beach. And the onsite restaurant was so-so.I guess, like I said you get what you pay for which isn't a lot.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ashley D
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced. The Hotel was outdated but clean. The staff were very friendly. Loved that it was right on the beach. Pool was fun with live music every evening. Close to St. Pete's beach and Clearwater. I would definitely stay here again!

Florida
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean, staff was incredible and a great experience overall for the price in April. Kudos to Amanda at desk and Shelly in the restaurant. Ricky Ts is a blast so make sure to walk over there. Sunset was incredible!! Will return for sure.

2 Thank bah4669