The staff here is great, very friendly and helpful. Reminds me of a family-run business. The location was great, as was the pool and the beach (hotel is directly on the beach). We ended up not going to another theme park and just relaxed here for our final 3 days. Our 5-year old was perfectly content switching between the pool and the beach. The rooms were nice and clean. Free internet, free parking, free towels...were awesome as well, NO resort fee. They have chairs you can use for the beach (left behind by other travelers). We ate at the restaurant twice (delivered to our room), good food. There was music entertainment each night. Not crowded. Quite time was 11:00 pm. On Saturday, it was a bit noisy until then, but promptly stopped. The only negative (which I did not think of as a negative, but some might) is that it is an older place. But, I thought it added to the ambiance. I'd rather stay at a place like this than a large chain any day. Would definitely go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Feola's Italian Ristorante, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida