“recent stay at the "T-Bird"”

Thunderbird Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Seminole, Florida
“recent stay at the "T-Bird"”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Had another wonderful stay at the Thunderbird Beach Resort in Treasure Island Florida. What made it better this time is that they have a new Italian restaurant in the facility that is as good as any ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN NYC. The staff also was great taking care of all our needs. Special thanks to Missy, Amanda, Dawn and Jarrod at the front desk. Great thanks to the bartenders at the Tiki Bar who went out of their way to please the most fussy of people on her drink my wife...LOL....I would be remiss if I don't mention Dave the grounds keeper for helping me set up tables and chairs for my gathering. Most of all special and wonderful thanks to David King the manager for going out of his way for all of us to have the comforts we needed.
This hotel may be a little older then others but it is clean and the employyes go out of their way to make ones stay perfect.

Room Tip: Oceanfront or pool side is a must
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank honza747

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I just got back from a 4-day vacation spent at the Thunderbird Motel. I will definitely return. It's an older motel with the 50's/60's feel but it was very clean, the pool was nicely heated, plenty of seating to enjoy the sunshine with a tiki bar and entertainment every day. The staff was great and very accommodating. The beach was groomed and beautiful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ava10757
Blenheim, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We have been going to " the Bird " for about 18 years now, and we hope to continue this holiday experience for many more years. The friendly and very helpful front desk staff of Missy and James is always a pleasure to deal with on any matters. Our housekeeper Michelle was so enjoyable and bubbly every day. Extra towels and amenities were always looked after without requesting. Pool man Bill had his chores cut out for him this year with the cooler weather, but was very friendly and always had time to visit. He does love his hockey. Yes - We will be returning. The whole Thunderbird family was very courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank JohnDeereBoy
Sharpsburg, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Above average personal staff. VERY CLEAN ROOMS. All staff extremely personable and very accommodating to make your stay enjoyable. Will definitely be back. Special thanks to Missi, Mr. Bill, Tiffaney and Michelle. Hope to see you next time!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandy T
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Everything is great at the Thunderbird. We want to recognize Missy, Amanda, James, Bill, Doris, Ron, Chealse & Veronica.
The entire staff is great. We feel like family when we stay at the Thunderbird for an entire month.
Everyone streets us special and any request we have is done immediately. It is an outstanding experience.
Glad to see new restaurant. Food & service were great. Hope they are still there next year.
David is a great guy & goes out of his way to accommodate everyone.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the 2nd floor. Rooms in the 60s get great sun in the morning and late afternoon...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evelyn R
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have been traveling to Treasure Island for the past 20 yrs. This is our 3rd consecutive stay at the Thunderbird. Each year it has gotten better and better!! The property is located in the best area of the beach. Just walk out your door and you are there. The rooms are clean and kept up well. This is mainly due to a positivity from staff members that you can feel. Michelle in housekeeping was one of the best members of the staff that we encountered. She made sure to go that extra mile to make sure we were happy with our room and checked with us daily to make sure we were happy! Amanda, busy as she was, in the front office always took that extra minute to ask us if we were satisfied. Amy K. was the best server/bartender in the restaurant. Her smile and caring attitude made us want to come back. And we will!!! ASAP! :)

Room Tip: North rooms get the morning sun. :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Locust Grove, Georgia
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I recently booked a room at The Thunderbird Resort for a wedding I was attending. When I arrived in "Miami" I realized that I had booked my room in Treasure Island instead of Sunny Isle. I called Hotels.com and was told the hotel had a no refund policy I would have to pay for the first night. I was hysterical!!!! Well the next step was to call the hotel directly and beg for mercy! When Linda stopped laughing at me, she gave me a full refund without hesitation!!! Needless to say I was so relieved!! Little did she know I will be visiting Thunderbird Beach Resort this summer and I will tell all of my friends and relatives about the wonderful thing she did for me!! THANKS LINDA AND AGAIN I LOVE YOU!!!!!! LOL

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family