We stayed here as the place that we normally stayed at was full. We chose to spend more to get a room with a gulf view on the 2nd floor (the elevator goes to the 2nd floor) with a private balcony. It was great. You can even see the spectacular view from your beds. Having coffee out on your private balcony in the morning was beautiful. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. Did not get a chance to use the pool as it was too cool. We did have dinner at their Italian restaurant, which was very good, and we loved the tiki bar. Everybody was so friendly there and Vlad was a great bartender. The only problem was with the shower. I did not have the strength to turn it on -- had to get my husband to do it. Would definitely stay again in the same room. Love that you can walk everywhere -- park your car and leave it there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Feola's Italian Ristorante, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida