“Best Place to be in the world!!!!”

Thunderbird Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Delaware, Ohio
“Best Place to be in the world!!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

First, I have to say I should have done this review back in October when were had the pleasure of staying at the Thunderbird, but Carl was ill and I just didn't have the chance to do this. Our names are Carl & Kathy and this was our 2nd visit to Treasure Island and the Thunderbird. Our stay lasted was from 10/17 to 10/28. We had a wonderful time and hated to leave. I want the management of the hotel to know what wonderful people they have working for them. Michelle was our housekeeper and she is a 'gem'!! She made us feel like family and took care of our every need! Everyone was terrific and we look forward to coming back. The Tiki Bar, the front desk, HK. they all smiled, said Hi every day, we looked forward to seeing them all. I miss Michelle's smiling face and my morning hugs to this day. Thank you for all of your kindness and attention....we love you all! Carl & Kathy from Ohio:)

Room Tip: Stay here........it is just the best!!!! Love the pool, the scenery, the beach, the walk, the balloo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank katcarl1933

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at the hotel as part of a family function. Hotel is right on the beach and the beach is clean. Hotel is clean and rooms are spacious. Hotel attracts people in the mood for a party so it is a little louder throughout the evening. Unfortunately, our trip was a bit marred by the toilet overflowing on first use, which would not have been a problem if a plunger had been present. I guess there is a tradeoff between functionality and aesthetics. (I vote functionality, but most hotels opt for aesthetics.) Maintenance was pleasant however, and the overall stay was positive.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lzq97
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was here with my family for a week and I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms were very nice,clean and spacious. It has been a few weeks since my visit and I would like to give big kudos to the friendly staff. We also met a nice housekeeper tamek my daughter would like to thank you for taking care of her doll "twinkles". Overall it was a great stay and my family will be visiting again.

1 Thank Tina L
Island Lake, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My family and I stayed at Thunderbird for the first time. I say first time because we plan on returning. This place is so beautiful. We loved being right on the beach. The room was very clean and we loved the kitchenette. What stands out the most is the friendly helpful staff.The pool, restaurant and tiki bar were also excellent. I'm sure we found the place we will visit when going to Florida. A real gem.

Room Tip: I liked first floor beachside
1 Thank Sts S
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 1, 2014

i travel here with my family once a year and every year i am amazed by the view, the people, and the staff. i would especially like to acknowledge, Janice the head housekeeper on her work she does. i never see her without a smile on her face nor does she ever just pass you without asking if you need anything! she also does a wonderful job cleaning and straightening up the room!

thank you for giving me such a great experience for yet another year! see you gus next winter.

1 Thank Cliff S
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I would like to thank the Thunderbird for the beautiful week my daughter and I had this December. We asked for a room on the Gulf Side and we got it with a patio. The room was very clean and housekeeping was very friendly. We were in room 41 and our housekeeper should be commended for her friendliness and work ethic. I recommend the Thunderbird to every one who wants a safe clean room with a beautiful ocean with great waves to jump in. The beach, pool, and hot tub were not crowded. The in-house restaurant was great for breakfast. There was an Art show of sculptures made of sand. Very bo-ho chic.
Thanks again we will be back.

Room Tip: Main floor room with a Gulf view is most desirable to watch sunset. Instant access to walk on board...
2 Thank Duncan46614
Jacksonville, Illinois
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My daughter and I took our annual Florida vacation and decided to try out a new area. We really liked the Thunderbird resort. It had the ammenities we were looking for including a great tiki bar and complimentary breakfast items. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly. We had a great view of the ocean and the beach is beautiful. The hotel is close to shops, restaurants and bars. We ended up missing our flight and stayed an additional night at the hotel. The staff was wonderful and gave us a discount. We will definitely stay at the Thunderbird resort when we go back to Treasure Island.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family