“Great Stay”

Thunderbird Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff was friendly and great. We enjoyed the vintage feel. This place grows on you! The pools were great, and having live music Til sunset was awesome. Beds were little uncomfortable, but everything else was great. Would definitely come back and stay here. Staff was willing to help every way possible. :)

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a two night stay here and the first night the air conditioner went out not a good thing to happen on the hottest days of summer the staff Missy at the frount desk was the first person i call in the morning she said she would get someone to look at the problem i went to go outside and the head of maintanence David K was at my door with a fan and said the unit was out and he was doing everything he could to fix it a little wile later he came by the pool were the wife and kids were and said they were working on it still so i asked if we could be moved to another room missy said yes and to give her a minute we went to the beach and had a good time when we returned the lead house keeper was there wanting to help me move to our new room and when we opened the room it was ice cold just as i like it all the staff at the thunderbird desirve a pay raise the went out of the way to make sure my family and i were confortable and enjoying ourselves Thank you
The Alexander Family

Room Tip: the suites are the way to go
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmy A
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I would like to extend a big thank you to all the staff at the Thunderbird Hotel. We just love this place. Our stay was amazing in part due to the great house keeping staff and front desk. They were always quick to answer our requests and always did so with a smile and a "yes ma'am." Missy at the front desk was just so friendly and so helpful in answering our questions. A special thanks to Janice, Shawn, Rita, Edra, Kathy, Chantell and Missy. You all are amazing! We will be back. Many thanks Eleisha Samuels. Guest there from July 22-25.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My stay was perfectly wonderful. There are so many good things to say about my stay and yet I will be brief and point out some of the high points of my visit. The staff was awesome. They all made you feel warm and welcome. This is just what is needed after a long drive. If you are a romantic couple, I highly recommend you book your stay on the third floor or higher with a view of the ocean. The room is large, fresh and clean, accompanied with all of the amenities you need. The view from the room looking out at the ocean is spectacular with no obstruction. In the evening, from your balcony view, you can see the beautiful sunset as it makes its way down the horizon. And then if you plan your trip properly, you can look at the full moon as it rises and and give light over the blue waters. I manage to catch the half moon which still took my breath away. It is a romantic scene beyond compare. If you are a star gazer, you may be just as lucky as I was and see two or more shooting stars as they crossed the beautiful night sky. We kept the curtains open in view of the night sky as our eyes closed for the night. Awesome!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I have been coming here for over 15 years. The whole setting of the resort is like none other, but for the first time this past weekend will be memorable, because there was a mis-understanding in the room I booked, then when they found another room the original customer took 1-1/2 hours extra to get out. Being that it was about 2 p.m. the room was warm and remained warm for the whole weekend for my best friends birthday weekend. We reported it never got asked if we would like another room. The front desk personal ( Amanda ) handled our situitation very professionally, and the cleaning crew ( Janice, Kathy, Edra, and Rita ) were the best. They made our stay fun. The cleaning crew provided fans for us. Needless to say the restaurant wouldn't let me borrow salt and pepper shaker to marinate my hambugers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had 85 here for a family reunion and a pre-wedding party. It's the most family friendly place and area we've ever been in 30 years! The age range was from 90 to 3 months old. It was a safe and relaxing. There was live music every evening near the Tiki Hut. The kids could pick from the pool or the beach. Our rooms we just a few steps from the pool and it was easy to keep an eye on everyone. Plus, the TV in the room had a live camera channel on the pool with nice music.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AVNSPEC
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family has been coming here since my dad was a kid and then brought me as a kid and now I am bringing my kids. We come every year and greatly enjoy the family time and ability to be close to our rooms and the pool. One of the employees that really makes it enjoyable is mr. Bill the maintance man makes each morning great. We enjoy sitting at our table early in the morning drinking our coffee and having our conversation with bill. Thanks bill for making the pool sparkle.

• Stayed: July 2013