The hotel staff were nice and accommodating - the rooms were clean. It is an average hotel, while "on the beach" was a bit of a walk. It is more an "older families and couples on spring break" type of atmostphere hotel. There was lots of smoking by the pool area and people stayed up late drinking. My 3 and 5 year learned all sorts of "new language" during the day. The hotel was gracious about letting us out early of our booking so we could change hotels to the Pass-a-grille area (more family friendly and easier beach access and amenities). I won't return because it wasn't my style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Classic Courtyard Style Beach Resort has been a family favorite for generations. Nestled on the beautiful shoreline of the Gulf of Mexico, the Thunderbird Beach Resort is a tropical beach retreat with long stretches of pearly-white sand & sparkling blue waters. Featuring oversized Heated Pool & Hot Tub, Tiki Beach Bar w/ Live Music ,Feola's Italian Ristorante, Sunset Meeting & Banquet Facilities and Private Gulf Front Balconies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Thunderbird Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Beach Motel
- Thunderbird Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Thunderbird Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida