“Labor Day Sunset”

Thunderbird Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My experience was wonderful. I needed a reasonable room for one night after watching the sunset on Labor Day. My only son passed away last year on 9/3, and I promised myself that I would witness a true coastal sunset on his sunset. I wanted a room on the beach and chose this hotel. I immediately felt welcomed. Dawn was very attentive and concerned. I told her why I was there and she gave me a hug because I was in tears. I had the cutest room in the corner behind the office. Dawn recommended a good local spot to eat. I would definitely return and recommend this place to anyone. I didn't really have any expectations, other than needing a place to lay my head...but I was pleased with everything.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ScarletM42
Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

994 - 1,000 of 1,648 reviews

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Okay, so its not top notch, its very dated but it is clean. Def. an old motel type not a resort. The hotel staff was pleasnt. We go for the beach & tiki bar. Lou is Great & a large part of what keeps people coming back. I dont like that the public share the tiki bar at the hotel, get drunk & think its okay to use the pool & hot tub. Although I hear security is cracking down on them using the hotel pool. I hope so. Everything you need is within walking distance. I would go back for sure. See you next year Lou :)

Room Tip: The rooms facing the beach are the best & you get an ocean view with great sunsets.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights (Wed-Fri) and found that for the price the suite was excellent. Fabulous location with everything I needed or wanted nearby. I would especially like to thank Marty, Linda, and Luis at the front desk... Every recommendation for food or entertainment was great and they were happy to help me. Chantel kept my room clean and fully stocked also. I didn't want to leave and will be back! A bonus is access to 2 properties with entertainment on the beach! This is a small resort with very friendly staff and guests. Good for couples and families looking for clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a wonderful location. Also I was there off season so it was about 50% full and quiet! Thank you again Linda, Marty, Luis and Chantel... I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank KIM_ANNE29
Reviewed August 29, 2012

First time staying here but will not be my last. Clean room with comfortable bed. Very friendly staff that really wanted to make sure that you enjoyed your stay. Lastly a great location. I am so glad that I found this place. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am a repeat customer of the Thunderbird Beach Resort - i have gone twice a year for 5 years now and Lou the Bartender is hands down the best bartender. Friendly, funny and a great personality he remembers his customers and is happy to see them. The Thunderbird Beach Resort is a great place, the people and the staff make it a very fun, relaxing time. I highly recommend this hotel and make sure you stop by and tell Lou that Dominic from Jersey said HI.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We found this place after calling Thunderbird they have same owners ...Dawn was very nice and friendly loved first floor room 59 it has 2 beds in the room pullout sofa and it had a rollaway ...and we are Ocean Front ...for my family of 5 it was nice ....pool was very clean and the grounds ..... We will be back ... Dawn shared all the good restaurants ....VIP was sooooo good.....

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank miss_lady_ash
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We recently stayed here for a two night stay. Everyone was very, very helpful, and we like that there was a sitting area, kitchen area, and a separate bedroom. We found everything clean and in order, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends