The remodeled Bilmar Resort rooms are very attractive and well furnished.
We stayed for three nights, Thursday-Sunday in late October. Thursday night was very quiet and we loved the place.
On Friday there was a wedding on the beach at 6:00pm. It was interesting to watch from our room. The wedding party moved to the Beach restaurant below our room and it was very loud with music, PA announcements and screaming. Early on that was not a problem but the party lasted until 3:00am with no attempt by the management to tone it down. in any way.
On Saturday there was another evening wedding. This party moved to the inside pool area below our room. The noise from this party was even worse and magnified by the closed space around the pool. At 11:15pm I called the front desk and asked when I could expect the noise to stop. The night manager, Stacy, asked "what noise"? She did say she had heard some "hooting and hollering a few minutes ago". She said she would have security check it out. Nothing changed so I called back at 11:45pm. This time Stacy gave me a ration saying she had called security and knew nothing more. She said "Have a nice night" and hung up on me. The noise did stop about ten minutes later.
Do not stay at this hotel on weekends unless you are part of the wedding party or plan to stay up until early morning. The morning desk clerk said that they do have lots of weddings on weekends. The hotel could set some limits that would work for the wedding parties and other guests. If the attitude I experienced from the night manager is any indication, it seems that if management is aware they are not concerned. I would not return and if you read this you are warned in advance. If you stay at a resort hotel expecting to sleep, find a place other than the Bilmar Resort. It is not worth the hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida