When we arrived at the Bilmar; we were supposed to get a discount for a wedding. They forced us to upgrade, but assured us the price would stay the same, as they had run out of rooms for the wedding party. When we got to our room, we began unpacking and noticed my daughter eating a cracker. We looked at the carpet and saw it was covered in filth, including many pieces of crackers under the bed. The room had not been vacumed. We spoke with the front desk, they sent a cleaning lady up, who vacumed everything but under the bed, after telling her that was where the mess was, leaving all of the cracker pieces, which I had to clean myself after she left. We During the week I came to ask about the bill. I was told that I was not in the computer for the wedding party. The manager on duty, Chris Ringwald actually increased my room rate to his highest price and told me that if I was supposed to have that discount it would have been written down, because his staff doesn't make mistakes. Then insulted me, but discussing my reservation with another woman, and both saying that I never said that it was a wedding rate. We were supposed to pay 99 dollars a night; but he told me that I have to pay the weekend rate of 189, and 165 per day during the week. I explained the problems with the room's cleanliness and he told me it wasn't in his computer and I had to be lying. Then I explained that the wireless internet wasn't working, and was told it had to be my computer, which is rediculus. - Guess what I'm typing on.
All in all, our vacation wasn't bad, but this hotel is. There were rarely ever towels for the pools, the restaurant's food made me sick for an entire day and couldn't leave the room, the wireless internet didn't work, the room was filthy, the staff were horrible, not to mention gave away the bridal sweet, after being resereved for over a year by the bride and groom. Treasure Island is a beautiful place to vacation, but do yourself a favor and stay far away from The Bilmar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida