I booked here when I found out my favourite was full (Alden-I get beachfront there). I was pleasantly surprised by Bilmar. There are 3 buildings. Every room in every building has a view of the beach so you don't have to worry about getting stuck with a room that isn't beachfront. The tall one I stayed in also overlooks the pool & the outdoor/indoor restaurant. It is the cheapest one. The other two buildings are more expensive because you don't also overlook the pool I liked it because it felt like I was at an all-inclusive when I looked out at my window & saw people swimming & getting drinks....it's great in this building if you have children that swim & you can look at your window to see what they are doing (I just went with my husband). It was great to walk across the street to go to either VIP (best mexican food I every had (I never eat Mexican) - I ate a taco salad & I'm still craving it now, or walk to the grocery store (Publix) I also went to sloppy joes restaurant on the premises & it was great too. My favourite restaurants were Lisa's on the Gulf Blvd., Cafe Beach Shanty (this breakfast place is awesome & it's in Clearwater, & Sandy's Breakfast on Gulf Blvd. in Clearwater. I had breakfast at Waffle house & the coffee was cold & food bad. I ate at St. Pete's Pier at Bubba Gumps - it was terrible although I liked the view. I liked this place because you woundn't get bored as there is places to walk to. Tj's restaurant was always so busy across the street so I didn't want to wait to eat. My other favourite place to stay is Beachview Inn in Clearwater, but the drawback is it's across the street to the beach. The beaches do seem to be nicer in Clearwater though. I liked that Bilmar had a fridge & dishes & coffee maker in the room. The room was clean. I would like to go back to Bilmar next October and was just looking at flights. The checkin was easy & the checkout smooth. I rented a convertible from Budget rental which was great to drive around in. I wish I was back there right now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bilmar Beach Resort offers a traditional Florida beach get away with an aray of modern amenities. We have a central location on Treasure Island and are close to all the Tampa Bay area attractions. With over 15 million in recent upgrades including our signature restaurant Sloppy Joe's on the Beach we provide the service you desire with the relaxed atmoshpere you deserve. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Bilmar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bilmar Beach Hotel Treasure Island
- Bilmar Beach Treasure Island
- Bilmar Hotel
- Bilmar Beach Resort Treasure Island, Florida