Bilmar Beach Resort
$170
$165
$140
$118
Tahitian Beach Motel(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
$135
Hotels.com
Treasure Island Ocean Club(Treasure Island)
$116
$209
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$145
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$245
$238
Orbitz.com
South Beach Condo/Hotel(Treasure Island)
$195
$189
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
$329
Travelocity
2,269 results
All reviewssloppy joespalms buildingacross the streetresort feepaddle boardswithin walking distancelive musicstove tophot tubdrug storewatch the sunsetflat screen tvlong walkthird floorgulf of mexicospring breakjohn's pass
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My friend and I just returned from a weekend stay at Bilmar Beach Resort. The front desk people were very nice and always tried to answer any questions we had regarding the surrounding area(s). The rooms were kept clean and stocked well daily with towels, etc. There are two restaurants on site that are kind of just ' o.k ' The servers were all very nice. There are two pools on site that are very clean, also. The beach is enormous and very well kept. There are shops and restaurants right across the street and many more close by. All in all, just a nice weekend getaway with a friend. I would stay at the Bilmar again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank IndianaSunnygirl
Reviewed August 25, 2013

After our tour of the US, staying in superb accommodation in NYC, Orlando and St Petes beach, the Bilmer rated a very bad experience, from moment given out first room, "deluxe studio" with a kitchenette that is 3 feet from the queens beds, this was a room you couldn't swing a cat in! With the noise of the fridge and air con competing for who could make the most noise, for a beach resort to run out of beach towels.. For breakfast staff who don't smile, for a resort that offers kids free breakfast for those under 12- catch only from there menu.. so we got charged for a round of toast for the kids... This place is over priced and the whole of the service staff including the front desk need some customer service training... These are just some of the lowlights... Save your dollars and look up the Sirata, a couple of miles away... Now that's value for money.. !!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Noshitesherlock
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Bilmar Beach Resort during your recent visit to Tampa Bay. I sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations. While the Deluxe Studio with 2 queen beds, kitchenette and private balcony is our most popular accommodation we do have the larger Efficiency which offers a separate space for the kitchen and larger vanity & bath area than the studios and we also offer a variety of suites with unique features to meet a family’s needs. We offer a picture and room layout of all of our primary room types on the Bilmar web site to help our guests choose the accommodation that best fits their needs. I apologize that the refrigerator and air conditioner made excessive noise. If reported I hope one of our 24 hour maintenance personnel were able to remedy the problem in a timely manner. The popular Kids Eat Breakfast Free program is now in its 2nd year with a good variety of menu items to ensure a full breakfast for our “little buddies” at no charge for the items offered. Our award winning guest service team is known for outstanding customer service as is evident by the many positive Trip Advisors found on this site. We will use your constructive input to emphasize the need for 100% commitment to customer service. The Tampa Bay area has many lodging choices but I believe that Treasure Island and the Bilmar Beach Resort has the facility and service to exceed our visitors expectations and I would welcome the opportunity to win back your confidence. Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I flew into Tampa to meet my husband on his road trip.When we got close he said,"Now, get prepared.This might not be EXACTLY what you were envisioning!!"What I saw from the outside was a place reminiscent of the old 50's hotels.I thought,"NO WAY." My husband encouraged me to keep an open mind and I did.Never judge a book by its cover.We had room 210- great view of the Gulf and catty corner to the ground floor restaurant.In late afternoons we were serenaded by live entertainment.Perfect.
Our room was very clean, although we received no housekeeping service the second day of our stay.???.Didn't complain however.The beds were comfy.The bathroom needs an exhaust fan though.
I was pleased that we had a kitchenette but it was poorly, and I do mean poorly,equipped.No colander(I make salads and NEED a colander), or decent large carving knives!Consequently, I basically used the fridge for yogurt and fruit.A disappointment.
We never went to the pool, which seemed more popular than the beach.My husband & I are sunbunnies and loved the big, wide, lovely beach.We went every day.I believe that $30/day is a little steep for an umbrella & chairs.There's no way around that.Sorry.
I had coffee every morning in the restaurant, while my husband had breakfast,usually fruit & oatmeal.Service was slow considering he ordered an easy breakfast.The waitstaff was wonderful and very cheerful.It's nice to be acknowledged and given a nice greeting every morning without fail.Thanks gals.Much appreciated.
April & Michael are the best-so informative and helpful.We were given nice fluffy beach towels daily.Service was always fast & efficient at the front desk,There were no lines and all the front desk staff kept things moving along.
We found a fabulous Italian restaurant called "Gigi's" right across the street from the hotel.
Went to Conch's one night.We were not impressed.
Guppy's is a lovely restaurant about 10 miles from Bilmar Beach Resort.We ate outside.Rave reviews for that restaurant.
The Publix, up the street, is clean and has everything you need.
Unfortunately, parking at the resort is a NIGHTMARE!!!Very inadequate parking-too many cars, too few spaces.Luckily we have a small sports car so we had less trouble than those with a larger car.One of the few complaints I have.
I would definitely come for a return stay, except this time I wouldn't bother going to the expense of reserving the kitchenette.
We both had a fabulous time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank skygodess1949

Dear Skygodess,

Thank you for the very thorough review of the Bilmar and surrounding area. Your input will help your fellow travelers make the most of their Treasure Island getaway. The Bilmar celebrates over 50 years of traditions while also maintaining all the modern amenities and comforts expected in today’s resort environment. Your feedback on the kitchen utensils is greatly appreciated and will receive immediate attention as the items you were lacking are part of our kitchen standards and should have been available for your use. Please accept my apologies for that error. Also your generous staff compliments are most welcome and have been shared with the appropriate team members and their managers. I agree the free parking can be tight in the west parking lot during busy periods and we are happy to offer an additional 120 spaces, also complimentary, in the east parking lot located right across from the Palms Building and Sloppy Joe’s. We maintain a staff of parking attendants to ensure the west lot is reserved for our overnight guests and offer temporary valet parking for our restaurant patrons. During your next visit please let us know of any utensils or amenities we can offer to make your visit more enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!
Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We still love the Bilmar - we first stayed here in 1994, and we got married here in 1996 so it holds a special place in our hearts. We stayed here for a week in May and now that its a condo hotel I feel that its lost some of its charm. Also as we like to stay in the Palms building we find the noise from Sloppy Joe's to be intrusive when sitting on the balcony. Although there are signs to say that the pool is just for the use of guests we saw several people from the restaurant using the faciilities - loud teenagers included.
Having said that I would stay here in preference to any where else on the island beacause it has everything that is important to us, the location is excellent although there are some seriously tacky shops springing up. Publix is a great addition to Treasure Island and the effeciency rooms at the Bilmar make it easy to enjoy an al fresco meal.

Room Tip: We like the Palms building for the sensational views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PrincessRobbo

Dear P.R.,

Thank you for returning once again to the Bilmar Beach Resort. We are thrilled to share in the traditions you have made and to be part of your 17th wedding anniversary – Congratulations. Having a landmark restaurant on property does add to a festive environment but please be assured we keep to a strict 10pm curfew for all our dining and entertainment options on property while also having several options for the late night crowd within walking distance. We also do several pool checks daily to maintain these amenities for our valued guests although your report indicates we can do a better job of monitoring this. Thank you for the input and we look forward to celebrating many more years with in the future. Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Spent two nights at the Bilmar Beach Resort while we were in town for a wedding. Check-in was a breeze. Our room was decorated in bright tropical colors and looked out over the beach. We did notice that the air-conditioning unit didn't seem to be putting out a lot of air even on high, so we called the front desk. Maintenance was at our room within 5 minutes. They determined it would be best to just replace the entire unit. The guys left and were back within about 20 minutes, took out the old unit, installed the new one and we were good to go.
The hotel has loungers and Adirondack chairs placed near the beach side and we enjoyed sitting there in the evening. Ate dinner at the restaurant next door and enjoyed a delicious meal while listening to the music and watching the sunset. We took advantage of one of the two pools on site, but you have to be quick to grab a lounge chair. The location is close to a Publix grocery store (that closes at 9PM) so we walked over to get muffins and juice for breakfast to go along with the coffee provided in the room. The room had a dorm size refrigerator as well.The beds were some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel.
When we checked out on our final morning the front desk was more than willing to split our charges three ways so we didn't have to worry about one person paying and everyone else reimbursing that person. All of the staff we encountered bent over backwards to be helpful and pleasant. Overall, a great stay and we all agreed we'd stay there again if we ever came back to the area.

Room Tip: We were in the two story part of the building but there was also a tower on the property where the rooms had balconies. If you like to sit out on a balcony you may want to ask for a room in the tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Boilermom53

Dear Boilermom,

Thank you for staying at the Bilmar with your friends and for sharing your great experience with your fellow travelers. Your wonderful remarks show that our goal of exceeding our guest’s expectations through a modern facility with a great team of caring employees was achieved during your visit. I sincerely hope your travels bring you back to Tampa Bay and the Bilmar Beach Resort very soon. Best regards, Clyde Smith – General Manager